Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
this 99% , the only thing you got wrong was the conference level, women's football is at an under 14 level, or maybe slightly lower

FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team​

The Australian women's national soccer team was thrashed 7-0 by the Under-15 boys of Newcastle Jets

people seem to think its out of order not to like women's football but the truth of the matter is it is a very low standard, it can be entertaining if you get 2 equal teams i suppose.

The links to those headlines are old.

Women elite footballers can compete with boys up until about U17/U18 boys level. The likes of Barcelona, Lyons and Chelsea women have been pioneers of developing their own games in recent years. All 3 struggled initially against younger boys but now their games have evolved to the extent where they beat their respective U17s or U18s academy teams. Beyond u17/u18 the male physical advantages are too great.

I think you're being kind with Conference level, the woman's game is more semi-pro/decent amateur at best

So It's like having a bloke from down the boozer as a pundit having some of these women on
Totally agree about Emma Hayes, she spot on, the rest are crap

I went to several Macclesfield Town games when they were in League Two. I also went to the women's derby at the Etihad recently. The derby was a far higher technical standard. Not as physical but the football was way better.

Didn't mention the colour of her skin pal! You'll have to enlighten us as to what qualities this individual has that make her worth employing as a pundit other than the obvious?
She was shocking. The amount of times Nedum and Shearer seemed to disagree with what she had to say, says it all really. She also didn't hide her dislike for us throughout the game at one point calling City arrogant.

Arsenal ladies side, who are one of the best women's teams in Europe, played Arsenal's under 14's boys team as part of their preseason. I think they were beaten 5-0. Says it all really.
And that is the reality beneath all the hype. It makes great TV. Families all sat together, no away end, no obscene songs. It's like Strictly or the baking one.
Boring and bland as shit but it's sold as the new best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.