Meeting Home Grown 8 including 4 trained at club

Hart of the Matter

FFP sanctions or not this is increasingly an issue for us. Home grown and club trained would be difficult if Micha Richards and Boyata leave.
Hart is obvious and perhaps Rekik brought back in. How about Kasper as back up to Joe?
Most others are still under 21 so would not need to be declared as part of squad. Are there other other homegrown and club trained players out there that would be good enough to go for?

The other 4 HG would be easier to fill - Milner, Cliche, Cole and Fabrigras would all bring something to the team and squad. Rodwell could come into this consideration as well.

Makes sense to purchase the likes of Barkley IMHO. He will fit our HG and home trained criteria in the future but can add to the squad without being declared.

Kasper is way to good to be backup Hart, i would promote Lawlor or Gunn, depending on who's ready.

Rekik and Lopes "promoted" to A-players and we have four with Hart, Kekik, Lopes and either Lawlor or Gunn.

The other four could then be: Rodwell, Milner, Clichy and possibly Cole?

This seems like it could be a big problem and we are not really linked with any decent english players at the moment.

Players who should leave:

Barry
Lescott
Rodwell
Richards
Boyata

All of them (bar Barry) especially the last 3 have not contributed to the season at all and there is no point having passengers. Rodwell is very unreliable mainly due to injuries as is richards. To meet the quota seems like it will be difficult and some investment may have to go into overpriced english talent who can actually contribute to the season.

I think we'll end up keeping Emyr Huws with the first team next season if there are any squad restrictions since he will qualify for both of the HG requirements.

Lopez and Huws are both still under 21 so no need to name as part of squad. They can be part of B List. We could end up with 13 overseas, 3 home grown - Milner, Rodwell and Cliche and one home trained in Hart - an A list squad of just 17

It's going to be very interesting seeing how City deal with this in the upcoming transfer windows. As things currently stand we have the following homegrown players in our first team squad.

Wright, Milner, Hart, Clichy, Rodwell, and Richards.

Then from the youth teams there.

Lopes, Rekik, Boyata, and potentially Huws.

However ... if we were to lose Richards and Rodwell it leaves us in a precarious position. Rodwell and Richards are both players who let the squad down this season due to injuries/performances and they need to be replaced with players who can have more of an impact, therefore the idea of moving one of our EDS youngsters up to take their squad positions is IMO unworkable.

That means that if we replace them both with 'foreign' players we will need to name 4 young players in our first team squad. That means a squad of no more than 21 senior players. The way I see it 20 of those 21 players would be (including the English players)

Hart, Wright, Pants, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas, Nastasic

That leaves room for only one player to come in in place of Rodwell, Lescott, and Richards which isn't going to work. Particularly if the deals for Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala are done. Hypothetically if you add those three to the squad then our homegrown quota problem becomes much more pronounced because adding those three gives us a first team squad of 23 players (without club trained players).

This is all before the prospect of a reduced squad size due to FFP sanctions which would make the numbers above even more problematic for that competition.

Personally I'm baffled as to why i these circumstances we're pursuing Fernando quite so hard. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we need homegrown players who are good enough to play in the first team otherwise we'll fall foul of the PL and CL squad rules.

If we get Mangala, I could see us letting Nastasic go and bringing Rekik back, then our 4 club trained could be Rekik, Lopes, Huws and the 3rd GK.
4 home grown Hart , Milner , Clichy and, if Pantilimon is sold, the 2nd keeper ( Given ?).

BillyShears said:
It's going to be very interesting seeing how City deal with this in the upcoming transfer windows. As things currently stand we have the following homegrown players in our first team squad.

Wright, Milner, Hart, Clichy, Rodwell, and Richards.

Then from the youth teams there.

Lopes, Rekik, Boyata, and potentially Huws.

However ... if we were to lose Richards and Rodwell it leaves us in a precarious position. Rodwell and Richards are both players who let the squad down this season due to injuries/performances and they need to be replaced with players who can have more of an impact, therefore the idea of moving one of our EDS youngsters up to take their squad positions is IMO unworkable.

That means that if we replace them both with 'foreign' players we will need to name 4 young players in our first team squad. That means a squad of no more than 21 senior players. The way I see it 20 of those 21 players would be (including the English players)

Hart, Wright, Pants, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas, Nastasic

That leaves room for only one player to come in in place of Rodwell, Lescott, and Richards which isn't going to work. Particularly if the deals for Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala are done. Hypothetically if you add those three to the squad then our homegrown quota problem becomes much more pronounced because adding those three gives us a first team squad of 23 players (without club trained players).

This is all before the prospect of a reduced squad size due to FFP sanctions which would make the numbers above even more problematic for that competition.

Personally I'm baffled as to why i these circumstances we're pursuing Fernando quite so hard. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we need homegrown players who are good enough to play in the first team otherwise we'll fall foul of the PL and CL squad rules.

Which is why Fabregas should be a top priority signing. It is a rather hilarious situation though isn't it? Homegrown rules to encourage academy trained/English players, and all of ours bar Hart are little more than placeholders to make up numbers.

It's also why unfortunately Clichy may have to stay over Kolarov, even though we should really be looking to keep the latter instead IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.