Meeting Home Grown 8 including 4 trained at club

Billy

Does your workings include Sagna as a homegrown player? For me signing him is a no brainer. Good player, certainly wouldn't reduce the ability of the team, free transfer, reasonable wages and gets on well with Nasri

Pogba is another player that is good enough for our squad, and again he is homegrown

A transfer window that included Sagna, Mangala, Pogba and Barkley would be spot on IMO

chris85mcfc said:
Billy

Does your workings include Sagna as a homegrown player? For me signing him is a no brainer. Good player, certainly wouldn't reduce the ability of the team, free transfer, reasonable wages and gets on well with Nasri

Pogba is another player that is good enough for our squad, and again he is homegrown

A transfer window that included Sagna, Mangala, Pogba and Barkley would be spot on IMO

Sagna isn't homegrown and I'm fairly sure Pogba isn't either.

blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:
Billy

Pogba would be if we signed him early enough (june) according to a different thread.

without a dream said:
blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:
Billy

Pogba would be if we signed him early enough (june) according to a different thread.

Didn't know that, but would it matter that we can't register him until 1st July ?

BillyShears said:
It's going to be very interesting seeing how City deal with this in the upcoming transfer windows. As things currently stand we have the following homegrown players in our first team squad.

Wright, Milner, Hart, Clichy, Rodwell, and Richards.

Then from the youth teams there.

Lopes, Rekik, Boyata, and potentially Huws.

However ... if we were to lose Richards and Rodwell it leaves us in a precarious position. Rodwell and Richards are both players who let the squad down this season due to injuries/performances and they need to be replaced with players who can have more of an impact, therefore the idea of moving one of our EDS youngsters up to take their squad positions is IMO unworkable.

That means that if we replace them both with 'foreign' players we will need to name 4 young players in our first team squad. That means a squad of no more than 21 senior players. The way I see it 20 of those 21 players would be (including the English players)

Hart, Wright, Pants, Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas, Nastasic

That leaves room for only one player to come in in place of Rodwell, Lescott, and Richards which isn't going to work. Particularly if the deals for Sagna, Fernando, and Mangala are done. Hypothetically if you add those three to the squad then our homegrown quota problem becomes much more pronounced because adding those three gives us a first team squad of 23 players (without club trained players).

This is all before the prospect of a reduced squad size due to FFP sanctions which would make the numbers above even more problematic for that competition.

Personally I'm baffled as to why i these circumstances we're pursuing Fernando quite so hard. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we need homegrown players who are good enough to play in the first team otherwise we'll fall foul of the PL and CL squad rules.

Next season I could see the following as Lescott and Barry are leaving and I am assuming Richards, Sinclair, Rodwell, Wright and Pantilimon leave:

GKs Hart, HG Experienced competition (maybe Given), Lawlor

Defence Zaba, MDM, Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Mangala, Sagna, Nastasic

Midfield Milner, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Fernando, Navas

Forwards Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

That would be a squad of 23 with just 1 Club HG player in Lawlor but 4 HG players. I don't think Lawlor needs to registered so the squad would be 22 but I think Nastasic is still deemed to be U21 next season so the squad would be only 21 for the premier league. So if we have 4 club home grown players Hart, Milner, Clichy and a new HG keeper then we are ok. Similarly for the Champions League we could put a squad of 21 with 4 HG players and no Club HG we are still fine (as long as we don't get UEFA squad size sanctions). It would also be ok if Johansen is our 3rd choice keeper as he would be Club HG.

The complicating factor is what happens if either Clichy or Milner leaves. In Clichy's case I could understand why we might move for Cole (though I think his legs are gone) as he would be a straight swap of one HG full back for another. If Milner leaves we are in trouble and the worry is he only has a year left on his deal.

I could also see us go for someone like Fabregas or Pogba but only if we sacrifice another midfielder (maybe Garcia).

The further complications are the players with one year left on their deals Nasri, Dzeko and Kolarov.

The likes of Huws and Lopes are U21 so don't need to be in the squad as they are u21. I am also assuming Rekik will be kept on loan while we still have MdM as he can then comeback and take his spot for 2015/16.

without a dream said:
blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:
Billy

Thought id read somewhere that Sagna was but just realised he came from Auxerre

I'm sure we have got all the workings in place to make sure we hit the targets we need

The list Billy posted includes a few players that may not be here next season, Garcia, Dzeko and Kolarov.

In an ideal world I wouldn't sell any of them but I guess we've got to cut our cloth accordingly to meet the requirements

chris85mcfc said:
without a dream said:
blueparrot said:

Thought id read somewhere that Sagna was but just realised he came from Auxerre

I'm sure we have got all the workings in place to make sure we hit the targets we need

The list Billy posted includes a few players that may not be here next season, Garcia, Dzeko and Kolarov.

In an ideal world I wouldn't sell any of them but I guess we've got to cut our cloth accordingly to meet the requirements

Sorry was having the same discussion in the Txiki thread!

Check out my relies on there. AFAIK Sagna isn't homegrown but Pogba would be if we signed him.

A bit of a scoop for you all.

I met Richards out about 4 weeks ago in a bar in Leeds on a sunday night. I chatted to him for him for about 45 mins and he said he was going to Liverpool. Part of the fact was he's best mates with Sturridge.

We then had a 100m race through leeds town centre and he may have left me in the dust....

Just to clarify as many posters missing the point of the thread:
A list squad - 8 players home grown. Of which 4 must be club trained ( 3 years under 21)
B List any player under 21

Current Squad
A list club trained = Hart(?) Richards, Boyata, Guidetti
A List HG - Barry, Lescott, Cliche, Milner, Rodwell, Sinclair.

B lister - Lopez Huws etc

We are losing Barry, Lescott and Sinclare does not feature. We therefore have vacancies in HG quota.

Club trained - rumours all apart from Hart leaving. 3 vacancies. No point filling with B listers.

Is FFP restricts to 21 including 8 HG we may end up with a squad of just 18. 13 overseas, 4 HG and 1 club trained. Everything else would have to come from B list.

FYI - Sagna and Pogba not homegrown- Fabrigas is HG but not club trained.
Club trained can be brought back in from other clubs and still count as Club trained ie Kasper and Sturridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.