Meeting Home Grown 8 including 4 trained at club

Is Hart club trained? thought he arrived aged 19 and only counts as association trained.

PS I don't think Given is association trained either as he started off at Celtic,

Cityfan said:
Is Hart club trained? thought he arrived aged 19 and only counts as association trained.
Nope, not club trained, only association trained (according to the ever reliable FM)

This home grown player out of our academy only kicks in when the player is over 21 as has been previously stated under 21 we can have as many as we like.

Richards
Boyata
Sturridge
SWP

are the only players which spring to mind who have made it and played in the premiership. I suspect if the club were given the opportunity to re sign sturrridge at the expense of one of our strikers it would assist. But realistically we are years off before we can take advantage of this if and only if the next batch step up to the plate Rekik is 19 and Lopez about the same age. The long term vision is that the new academy set up will provide a steady stream of players and we won't need to spend unless we don't have the right player but I would suspect that won't happen for at least another 7 -10 years.

If we accept we haven't the talent then we have to accept that our squad is always for the purposes of CL going to be around 22 mark, 17 foreigners, 4 HG (Hart Milner etc) and we can always promote the academy keeper as third keeper so that at least we can maintain what Pellegrini insisted on last season that is two players for every position.

I've got a feeling were going to give Richards another shot

He has all summer to get himself fit and in shape while everyone else is at the WC

I think it makes sense considering the problems with the home grown requirements

The thing is he can't really blame the club for lack of opportunities, if he is fit he will get games

Over to you Micah

ElanJo said:
Would anyone sell Jovetic for Barkley or Fabregas?

I have a feeling Jovetic and possibly Nastasic could be victims of our homegrown quota needs so I can see the possibly leaving.

Fabregas yes, Barkley no.

Barkley for me needs a few more seasons at Everton, it's OK putting in one performance a month that blows you away but we need that every week so I am not sure he is ready to step up just yet. You have to remember this season has been his first in top flight football.

sam-caddick said:
I have a feeling Jovetic and possibly Nastasic could be victims of our homegrown quota needs so I can see the possibly leaving.

The only two first teamers under the age of 25, so nope, can't see them leaving if our club has any long-term vision.

LoveCity said:
sam-caddick said:

The only two first teamers under the age of 25, so nope, can't see them leaving if our club has any long-term vision.

Yeha, didn't think of that. Good point mate.

mcfc482 said:
This seems like it could be a big problem and we are not really linked with any decent english players at the moment.

Players who should leave:

Barry
Lescott
Rodwell
Richards
Boyata

All of them (bar Barry) especially the last 3 have not contributed to the season at all and there is no point having passengers. Rodwell is very unreliable mainly due to injuries as is richards. To meet the quota seems like it will be difficult and some investment may have to go into overpriced english talent who can actually contribute to the season.

When Rodwell was interviewed on the parade bus his body language said he knows he's going.

Micah pretty much said he wont be here on his post West Ham interview as well.

Both goners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.