Meeting players after training

When I was a nipper, we used to get to carry the players kit bags from the car park to the players entrance at Maine Road if we asked nicely.

I once got a lift from Mike Summerbee after a training session when he saw me getting soaked on the way to get a bus home.

If you saw/met a player, they'd usually have a chat and sign anything you wanted. To be fair, you were taking a bit of a risk if you approached Tony Coleman in a bad mood :-)

City players, managers and staff were just normal 'blokes next door' in the 60s. Most still were until Sky started throwing money around in the 90s.

I was actually wondering this the other day, when I was down with the wee man for the young boys game he was crying because he wanted to go down the front and give Haaland a high 5 and I said we couldn’t haha, although my heart was breaking for him cause he was genuinely so upset, but obviously he’s 4 so doesn’t understand it’s not that easy. They do a hospitality package where you meet the players and get their autographs but it’s (at the cheapest) £5330 for the 2 of us, I don’t have that sort of money spare :)

Does anyone know what time they tend to arrive / leave training? As this is probably the wee man’s only way of getting to high 5 his hero’s
Get yourself over to Juniper in Wilmslow for Breakfast and some coffee
I often see various players in there
Obviously it’s pot luck but at least twice a week
I’ve seen Akanji Kovacic KDB Mahrez Stones Mendy Foden Stones Ederson (Alderley) and Walker over the last year or so
I saw Lescott a couple of hours ago coming out of Golden stitches
If you don’t have the time another good bet would be the school (Riley’s in Alderley)
Not sure if they would engage with you but who knows
Plus some have moved away
Also box in Handforth on a Thursday for some of the ex players is good they play 5 aside

Get yourself over to Juniper in Wilmslow for Breakfast and some coffee
I often see various players in there
Obviously it’s pot luck but at least twice a week
I’ve seen Akanji Kovacic KDB Mahrez Stones Mendy Foden Stones Ederson (Alderley) and Walker over the last year or so
I saw Lescott a couple of hours ago coming out of Golden stitches
If you don’t have the time another good bet would be the school (Riley’s in Alderley)
Not sure if they would engage with you but who knows
Plus some have moved away
Also box in Handforth on a Thursday for some of the ex players is good they play 5 aside
You’d like to think their privacy is respected in that environment though. Not sure they would be too pleased with pads and pens shoved in their faces whilst sipping their earl
grey.

You’d like to think their privacy is respected in that environment though. Not sure they would be too pleased with pads and pens shoved in their faces whilst sipping their earl
grey.
Absolutely they rarely get bothered and I personally wouldn’t ask for a picture or autograph
However I’m sure they wouldn’t mind on the street after their lunch
Who knows

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.