meeting the players today at city store

How can you have a go at the players? How do you know that the players wanted to leave? What makes you think they chose to leave? Maybe the shop/club only wanted the players there for an hour. Just because they left after an hour doesn't mean they wanted to. It basically sounds to me that the shop security were under strict orders to only let people in for one hour. Whoever decided how long the players should stay, I don't know.

At least Dunne and De Jong bothered to go!

Probably security, who love looking important and pissing people off. From what I've heard about Dunnie, he's a decent bloke who will put himself out where fans are involved.

The thing is, if they'd stayed for a few more minutes, they'd probably have sold more shirts. If you missed out, you should write to the club to complain, particularly if you bought shirts thinking they were going to be signed.

felixbg said:
the website thing said get there for 1:45
Doesn't say that on the OS.

OS said:
There are a couple of great reasons for coming to the CityStore at the City of Manchester Stadium this Tuesday afternoon.

In line with our half-term offer, there is 50% off all replica kits and training wear, but come along from 2pm and you can meet City skipper Richard Dunne. Richard, along with new signing Nigel de Jong, will be signing autographs and meeting fans in the store, and don’t forget that card holders can claim the usual discounts on all items bought in store.

Very poor show by City.

I'd write a letter to the club, they might sort you out with something - its worth a try. I would say that its miss leading clearly no mention of only being there an hour on the web site.

Good luck

RealMancsAreBlue said:
I was there, got there at bang on two and they were already telling us they might not see us, sad thing was they wasnt that many people there anyway and it would have took them all of ten minutes to see the rest, a group of kids accompanied by a couple adults turned up, all in City shirts, all with balls/photos etc ready to be signed and they all got turned away, this was at 2.10pm, felt really sorry for them these are the fans of the future !, they werent turned away by the players though, but by employees before theyd even got in the store.

p1702091434fd1.jpg

p1702091435yv2.jpg

never noticed de jong's tash before now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.