Mehdi Benatia

The Fat el Hombre said:
Manc in London said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
He's just turned 21!

He had a shaky season last year but the whole defence struggled to adapt for a chunk of the year. He showed great potential the season before

What part of my post are you referring to, when you state his age?

The bit I highlighted in bold...

Manc in London said:
Admittedly the whole team struggled defensively. The team did not appear balanced.

What 'great potential' did he display in 2012/13? He had a midfield sat on top of him so he was rarely left exposed. His decision making was questionable, he was weak in the air and at defending set pieces, and his positioning and passing were hardly high quality. He is young but he needs to improve substantially if he is to be a starter for a team aiming to win the CL. If he had played the same number of games as Demichelis last season, I doubt we would have won the league.

Taking credit away from the lad by saying "He had a midfield sat on top of him so he was rarely left exposed" is complete bullshit. That first season here he was good enough to push lescott out of the side, playing consistently at champions league level and not looking out of his depth at all. If you couldn't see the potential there then that's your problem not Nastasic's. Obviously he isn't the finished article and needs to improve, but he's got plenty of time for that

But yea, let's sell the 2013 young player of the year on the cheap after 1 injury plagued season. Great thinking. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure the powers that be at the club don't have such short memories and can see further than the end of their noses and there's absolutely no chance Nasti will be leaving

For some reason, the bold didn't show up on my phone last night. My apologies.

As you have said, "complete bullshit". I am wrong. You may as well write "end of" at the end of the post. After all, what you say is an indubitable fact. Thus, you do not need to justify your point of view.

You offered no counter argument at all. What are his strengths? His tacklimg outside the box? His pace? Anticipation? At least provide a counter argument and debate like an adult.

I am not saying he is poor, I am just making the case, NB like an adult, that he is not good enough. I am not comparing him to Nick Fenton or Spencer Prior. I am simply making a claim that he is not, at the moment, good enough to start for us. Many players are good but not good enough for us.

Damanino said:
Roma is not bad with cenral defenders by the way.

In 2012 summer they bought Marquinhos from a Brazil club for about 3m€.
2013 summer they sold him for 30m € to PSG. The guy is clearly a big talent, now after a year at PSG Barca ready to pay a small profit to PSG to get him around 35-40m€.

Roma just got about 27m more for him in one season.

Similar with Benatia they just bought him for 12m€ 2013 summer. Now they could be getting 35-40m€ for him after one good season. They aybe buy Basa for 5m€ from Lille. Is he the next player that will go next summer for 25m€?

How could we do that just once? Sign a player for 5m pounds and sell him next year for 25m. FFP wouldnt be a problem at all if we could do that a few times.
The better thing to do would be find the £5million player, keep him and turn him into a £30million pound player in the way we have with Kompany, then FFP wouldn't be an issue, and you get a player that spends the best part of his career with and becomes part of the club

big blueballs said:
Damanino said:

2013 summer they sold him for 30m € to PSG. The guy is clearly a big talent, now after a year at PSG Barca ready to pay a small profit to PSG to get him around 35-40m€.

Similar with Benatia they just bought him for 12m€ 2013 summer. Now they could be getting 35-40m€ for him after one good season. They aybe buy Basa for 5m€ from Lille. Is he the next player that will go next summer for 25m€?

How could we do that just once? Sign a player for 5m pounds and sell him next year for 25m. FFP wouldnt be a problem at all if we could do that a few times.
The better thing to do would be find the £5million player, keep him and turn him into a £30million pound player in the way we have with Kompany, then FFP wouldn't be an issue, and you get a player that spends the best part of his career with and becomes part of the club

I often wonder about this sort of thing. Shouldn't we concentrate on signing the defensive coach from Roma or the youth coaches at Southampton or is it all down to the individual player and blind luck in the transfer market. If not luck then why not go after the scouts at those clubs instead.

big blueballs said:
Damanino said:

Much easier said than done. Hughes signed Kompany to play defensive midfield remember.

Manc in London said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Manc in London said:
What part of my post are you referring to, when you state his age?

Manc in London said:
Admittedly the whole team struggled defensively. The team did not appear balanced.

What 'great potential' did he display in 2012/13? He had a midfield sat on top of him so he was rarely left exposed. His decision making was questionable, he was weak in the air and at defending set pieces, and his positioning and passing were hardly high quality. He is young but he needs to improve substantially if he is to be a starter for a team aiming to win the CL. If he had played the same number of games as Demichelis last season, I doubt we would have won the league.

Taking credit away from the lad by saying "He had a midfield sat on top of him so he was rarely left exposed" is complete bullshit. That first season here he was good enough to push lescott out of the side, playing consistently at champions league level and not looking out of his depth at all. If you couldn't see the potential there then that's your problem not Nastasic's. Obviously he isn't the finished article and needs to improve, but he's got plenty of time for that

But yea, let's sell the 2013 young player of the year on the cheap after 1 injury plagued season. Great thinking. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure the powers that be at the club don't have such short memories and can see further than the end of their noses and there's absolutely no chance Nasti will be leaving

As you have said, "complete bullshit". I am wrong. You may as well write "end of" at the end of the post. After all, what you say is an indubitable fact. Thus, you do not need to justify your point of view.

You offered no counter argument at all. What are his strengths? His tacklimg outside the box? His pace? Anticipation? At least provide a counter argument and debate like an adult.

I am not saying he is poor, I am just making the case, NB like an adult, that he is not good enough. I am not comparing him to Nick Fenton or Spencer Prior. I am simply making a claim that he is not, at the moment, good enough to start for us. Many players are good but not good enough for us.

If you are suggesting Nastasic's "anticipation" as you call it isn't up to scratch, I can only assume you're either on heavy drugs, or have not watched him play. He's one of the best readers of the game in Europe, and outrageously gifted at it for his age.

He's not naturally an aggressive front foot defender so he didn't really suit our style of play last season, but he's a very talented player. I think he was our best player the season before last (possibly second after Zabba). If you don't rate him, watch the semi final against Chelsea, he was outstanding.

Shaelumstash said:
Manc in London said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

If you are suggesting Nastasic's "anticipation" as you call it isn't up to scratch, I can only assume you're either on heavy drugs, or have not watched him play. He's one of the best readers of the game in Europe, and outrageously gifted at it for his age.

He's not naturally an aggressive front foot defender so he didn't really suit our style of play last season, but he's a very talented player. I think he was our best player the season before last (possibly second after Zabba). If you don't rate him, watch the semi final against Chelsea, he was outstanding.

Nastasic has the potential to be out standing. He is special. Nastasic has on more than one occasion outstanding. Savic who is so far behind Nasti it's unreal yet hs still a top series A defender. Nastasic should not be allowed to leave City, let alone at 21..

Puppet Master Silva said:
big blueballs said:
Damanino said:

Much easier said than done. Hughes signed Kompany to play defensive midfield remember.
Someone obviously did there homework as Kompany was a centre half when younger and Hamburg turned him into a defensive midfield player out of necessity.... also Zaba could fall into the same category granted not a £30 million player still worth £15-£20 million in the current market.....and Roma seem to be doing it....so why can't we with our resources.....so maybe not as difficult as you think

Kompany is King said:
razman said:
baildon blue said:
According to the papers we have signed him . I don't always believe the press .

according to the press we have agreed terms with both benatia and mangala

Mangala has agreed terms with City?

I think Mangala terms must have been agreed a while ago but he was waiting to see if he got any other options...Benatia has agreed terms and wants to join City.....

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Kompany is King said:
razman said:
according to the press we have agreed terms with both benatia and mangala

Mangala has agreed terms with City?

I think Mangala terms must have been agreed a while ago but he was waiting to see if he got any other options...Benatia has agreed terms and wants to join City.....
Or he's just trying to concentrate on a world cup quarter final tonight.

Fact is, we don't know which it is, but I do know 'player still won't decide on future until world cup is over' won't sell a paper. 'City target keen on Chelsea move' sells the paper to two audiences. So which story do you think our beloved journalists prefer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.