Mehdi Benatia

Paulmcfc2703 said:
alanblue said:
MeatHunterrr said:
like clichy and nasri. ssell them too couldn't even get in the squad

That was because Deschamps had issues with them, not because of their lack of ability
Right I get ya. Leaving out Nasri and Clichy is Deschamps personal preference whereas not starting Mangala has nothing to do with that it's just that he's shit. I am guessing you are worried about Sagna not starting over Debuchy. Must mean he is shit too or is that personal preference?

Your the one saying he's shit, I'm saying he was' nt good enough at this moment in time

Yates said:
The way things have seemed to pan out, Mangala is the number one option and after waiting a year for him, I hope he's worth it. I want Benatia but Txiki & the rest seem more keen on Mangala and they're more qualified than I am in spotting talent so let's hope they're right.
Mangala is a young monster, that's what they like

alanblue said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
alanblue said:
That was because Deschamps had issues with them, not because of their lack of ability
Right I get ya. Leaving out Nasri and Clichy is Deschamps personal preference whereas not starting Mangala has nothing to do with that it's just that he's shit. I am guessing you are worried about Sagna not starting over Debuchy. Must mean he is shit too or is that personal preference?

Your the one saying he's shit, I'm saying he was' nt good enough at this moment in time
Same thing mate. Thought I'd simplify it after seeing your simplistic view

I know this is being greedy and a tad 'football manager ish' but how about signing benatia this summer and then mangala the summer after. Beats FFP and after next season we will have 3 top class centre backs with rekik as our backup

forevermancity said:
I know this is being greedy and a tad 'football manager ish' but how about signing benatia this summer and then mangala the summer after. Beats FFP and after next season we will have 3 top class centre backs with rekik as our backup

Beats FFP but leaves us pretty much unable to buy anything other than CBs for 2 years. I think next summer may well be the one that we get a Toure replacement, be that a Pogba, Vidal or Barkley.

CityStu said:
forevermancity said:

Beats FFP but leaves us pretty much unable to buy anything other than CBs for 2 years. I think next summer may well be the one that we get a Toure replacement, be that a Pogba, Vidal or Barkley.

Yeah agree that next summer will have to be a replacement for yaya, if he tries this bullshit again we will be in a much healthier position to tell him he can go

Much the same as everyone else, would prefer someone who really wants to come here; benatia. But the top brass and probably manager seem to really want mangala

Let's face it, either way we are getting one of two top players, lauren charvet seems a lifetime ago!

I see Benatia being a very good partner with Kompany, as for me they're both "front foot defenders". I see Mangala as more of an athlete, so i'm more inclined that we sign Benatia. Him going to the AFCON (for however long) does put a sort of downer on it, but at the figures being quoted for both, i'd have Benatia.

However I would rather us sign Hummels, although he's had an injury stricken season I do see him being one of the best for many years to come.

MCFCHOWELL said:
I see Benatia being a very good partner with Kompany, as for me they're both "front foot defenders". I see Mangala as more of an athlete, so i'm more inclined that we sign Benatia. Him going to the AFCON (for however long) does put a sort of downer on it, but at the figures being quoted for both, i'd have Benatia.

However I would rather us sign Hummels, although he's had an injury stricken season I do see him being one of the best for many years to come.

Hummels would be ideal, though probably quite costy too. Lovren for 20 millions also seems like a decent deal.

Negredo09 said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

Hummels would be ideal, though probably quite costy too. Lovren for 20 millions also seems like a decent deal.

I wasn't convinced by Lovren against Brazil and made me think what he could potentially be like in the Champions League.

He could end up turning out to be a very good player for Liverpool though.

Interesting thing about Lovren is he was very average with Lyon before joining Southampton and they were happy to sell. Interested to see if he is really a good player or just one (like so many others) who excelled with a particular system/style/coach. £20m is quite a lot for him based on one standout season I think. Benatia may only be in the spotlight now, but he was apparently amazing for Udinese before he joined Roma and I think how players work in different systems/in different teams is part of what scouts look at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.