Mehdi Benatia

Sir Joe Aguero said:
richards30 said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Mehdi Benatia strongly wants Manchester City. According to today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Moroccan defender seems to have communicated to the English club would be willing to give up to 3m pounds of bonuses offered at the time of signature. One way to encourage the City to find the agreement with Rome but would yield only about forty million that could change the face to the market.

A rolls royce defender who will literally pay to join? Oh please city just get him and forget about mangala who is pissing us around!
This. Fernandinho showed this type of hunger and look how well that turned out. Benatia and Kompany will be the best CB pairing in the league, no doubt.

Agreed, please Mangala say no and go somewhere else. :)

Looks like Roma are stocking up on defenders....Hope Benatia on his way to City.....

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 5m
Ashley Cole has landed in Rome. He'll sign a 2-year deal with AS Roma today. (Source: asroma.it)

At the back of my mind have a sneaking suspicion that there is a possibility that the Mangala deal is already all but signed, sealed and delivered to another club but that it might suit the buyer (less so the selling club) to publicising the deal so as to frustrate us in the pursuit of both Mangala and Benabia.

I fully agree with the overwhelming majority on here who state their desire to see City reach agreement with AS Roma and get this great defender on a plane to Manchester ASAP.

Benatia would be a fantastic signing. I'm praying this gets done during the week. I'm a bit worried of going to next season with only Kompany, Demi, Nastasic, Boyata, and Rekik to play CB.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Looks like Roma are stocking up on defenders....Hope Benatia on his way to City.....

Ashley Cole has landed in Rome. He'll sign a 2-year deal with AS Roma today. (Source: asroma.it)
That logic is the same as saying "Sagna has signed for City, so maybe Kompany is on his way out."

Tricky_Trev said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

That logic is the same as saying "Sagna has signed for City, so maybe Kompany is on his way out."

I think he's referring to the stories saying that Roma agreed to a deal only if they find a replacement
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-agree-deal-mehdi-3792114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... di-3792114</a>

but yeah, ashley cole signing for Roma doesn't mean much for us IMO.

FlatlineMonday said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

I think he's referring to the stories saying that Roma agreed to a deal only if they find a replacement
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-agree-deal-mehdi-3792114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... di-3792114</a>

Cole is a left back... They need a CB before they let Benatia go.

But the fact they are advancing in the mercato ( Salih Uçan, A Cole ) means they've got the money and that is probably through this deal.

Pinturicchio said:
FlatlineMonday said:
Tricky_Trev said:

But the fact they are advancing in the mercato ( Salih Uçan, A Cole ) means they've got the money and that is probably through this deal.

So are you saying they have absolutely no money even though they have cl money, sponsor money, and their regular allocated money to spend this summer? Bit naive imo. Ucan came on loan 2m per year for 2 years with a buy out at 11m. And Ashley Cole came for free. They also signed Kieta for free and might sign Urby Emanuelson for free and still haven't spent money basically any money. All they have spent is 2m for Ucans loan.

MCFCUSA said:
Pinturicchio said:
FlatlineMonday said:

So are you saying they have absolutely no money even though they have cl money, sponsor money, and their regular allocated money to spend this summer? Bit naive imo. Ucan came on loan 2m per year for 2 years with a buy out at 11m. And Ashley Cole came for free. They also signed Kieta for free and might sign Urby Emanuelson for free and still haven't spent money basically any money. All they have spent is 2m for Ucans loan.

Singing these players is not totally free. There are always signing bonuses and incentives. A player like Cole is not easy to accommodate.

I'm not saying they have no money at all but yes I expressed myself wrongly .. I know they have money with CL coming in but I also know they've been losing money for the past 3 years and their wage bill is too high (100 M €) they nearly made it through with the FFP regulations. They had to sell Lamela and Marquinhos last year to be able to have a decent transfer window (And that was a great one).

I'm surprised they're increasing this wage bill with the likes of Cole & Keita... And My guess is someone is leaving for big money.

Pinturicchio said:
MCFCUSA said:
Pinturicchio said:

Singing these players is not totally free. There are always signing bonuses and incentives. A player like Cole is not easy to accommodate.

I'm not saying they have no money at all but yes I expressed myself wrongly .. I know they have money with CL coming in but I also know they've been losing money for the past 3 years and their wage bill is too high (100 M €) they nearly made it through with the FFP regulations. They had to sell Lamela and Marquinhos last year to be able to have a decent transfer window (And that was a great one).

I'm surprised they're increasing this wage bill with the likes of Cole & Keita... And My guess is someone is leaving for big money.

Keita and Emanuelson will both receive €1m per year, not much, Cole €2.2/2.4m per year plus bonus, considering how much he was getting at Chelsea I'd say it's ok, no need to sell. We just added experience, they're rotation guys, except for Cole who will likely play in Champions and sit in League's games.

Paredes and Ucan, both great prospect, will be the 6th and 7h CM, Keita (5th) has a winning mentality and the rest Pjanic-De Rossi-Strootman is world class and Nainggolan from the bench is great too.

We haven't spent anything yet, they all came for "free", Ucan was paid with a minor sell (Verre), we should still have 30 to spend, more or less.

Carrasco = -4-5m
Yarmolenko 20/22m
3rd CB = 2-3m

De Sanctis
Maicon - Benatia - Castan - Cole
Pjanic - De Rossi - Strootman
Yarmolenko - Destro - Gervinho

Skorupski
Torosidis - x - Romagnoli - Emanuelson
Ucan/Paredes - Keita - Nainggolan
Ljajic - Totti/Sanabria - Carrasco

Florenzi is a bonus, so we might sell him but I'm not so sure since Roma fans love him, probably Ljajic who is unhappy
with his role in the team.
Next year will have loads of youngsters, finally free of their extra status, DaSilva (17yo) - Abner (18yo) - Yedlin (21yo) and hopefully the non-extra Berisha (18yo) and Vestenicky (18yo) will show some progress too, they say Enes Ünal might be the next to join us.

We'll sell Benatia for sure if the offer comes, but I don't think is necessary for a big name to leave. I reckon we could do some damages too with the team I described before, quarterfinals shouldn't be farfetched at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.