Mehdi Benatia

FantasyIreland said:
Keith Moon said:
Samir Nasri was Benatia's roommate in the youth team at Marseille -- they are still best friends. Just saying...

Ignoring Jimmy Tarbuck above....

Its a great point Keith.

Didn't Kompany recommend Vertonghan? whilst it helps if he joins we won't be signing him just because he's mates with a player. Fabregas will be friends with Garcia, Negredo, Navas, Nasri, Silva and Sagna if he joins, he might even knowothe players but we won't be buying him because he gets on with some of the team we'll buy because he's a bloody good player.

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Keith Moon said:
Samir Nasri was Benatia's roommate in the youth team at Marseille -- they are still best friends. Just saying...

Its a great point Keith.

Didn't Kompany recommend Vertonghan? whilst it helps if he joins we won't be signing him just because he's mates with a player. Fabregas will be friends with Garcia, Negredo, Navas, Nasri, Silva and Sagna if he joins, he might even knowothe players but we won't be buying him because he gets on with some of the team we'll buy because he's a bloody good player.

Of course that's true,and he is a bloody good player.

So,if indeed we are interested,along with two or three other clubs,do you not think his friendship would be a contributing factor to his decision? It certainly would from my POV.

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Keith Moon said:

Its a great point Keith.

That's true.

However, Nasri also tried to get Wenger to sign him a couple of years ago and he would also be good for our profile in the arabic parts of Africa.

But mainly, he's what we need on the pitch.

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Keith Moon said:

Its a great point Keith.

It helps players settle in for sure if they already have friends at the new club!!

FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:

Its a great point Keith.

Of course that's true,and he is a bloody good player.

So,if indeed we are interested,along with two or three other clubs,do you not think his friendship would be a contributing factor to his decision? It certainly would from my POV.

One would think it would certainly help - and I'm sure if he is indeed his best friend, Nasri will be on the phone telling him what a fab club City are and how great it is to work for Pellegrini!!!!!

markbmcfc said:
Hope this is true, one of my favourite players in Serie A.

He reminds me of Kompany. A real front foot defender, with a touch of skill about him and like to bring the ball out of defence and go on a little run. Not the tallest but has a good leap on him, similar pace to Vinny and likes a tackle.

My only concern is he plays on the right of a back two, i'd have preferred a left sided center back but, he is comfortable on his left foot.

Fits into our style of play perfectly though, hope it comes off.

Are you just copying me again ;)

If we were to go for a player about this age then Garay would be my first choice. Far more proven, plays on the left hand side of defence and I don't really trust Serie A.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.