Mehdi Benatia

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Benatia is an excellent player, but if he does want to stay at Roma, then I'd be all over Garay, hes excellent,.

Benatia came out moaning earlier in the week saying other clubs in Europe were willing to pay him his wage demands yet Roma were not willing to renew his contract and pay him more, he also said he dreams of playing for a club like City.

If 40m euros gets put on the table I reckon he is ours.

sam-caddick said:
Benatia is an excellent player, but if he does want to stay at Roma, then I'd be all over Garay, hes excellent,.

Benatia came out moaning earlier in the week saying other clubs in Europe were willing to pay him his wage demands yet Roma were not willing to renew his contract and pay him more, he also said he dreams of playing for a club like City.

Just for the record, sam: you put 40m euros on the table and I'm most definitely yours.

I'll even cook you breakfast in the morning.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sam-caddick said:

Just for the record, sam: you put 40m euros on the table and I'm most definitely yours.

hahahahaha

i am just going off what some reports are saying.

i'ts clear roma don't want to sell but benatia has come out and pretty much said he wants more money because other teams in europe are offering him it and if roma are to reluctantly sell then i think 40m euros is the fugure that will get him.

@birchwoodgingerste:

i really hope we don't get mangala, i was all for it a first until i he came out with those chelsea comments and porto were wanting 40m euros.

firstly it's clear we wouldn't be his first choice if he has the option and secondly for 40m euros i would want close to if not the finished article and from what i have seen of mangala he looks like he could become a collosus but his game is still at a raw stage and therefore i think for the money i think he is too much of a gamble.

sam-caddick said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
sam-caddick said:

hahahahaha

i am just going off what some reports are saying.

i'ts clear roma don't want to sell but benatia has come out and pretty much said he wants more money because other teams in europe are offering him it and if roma are to reluctantly sell then i think 40m euros is the fugure that will get him.

@birchwoodgingerste:

i really hope we don't get mangala, i was all for it a first until i he came out with those chelsea comments and porto were wanting 40m euros.

firstly it's clear we wouldn't be his first choice if he has the option and secondly for 40m euros i would want close to if not the finished article and from what i have seen of mangala he looks like he could become a collosus but his game is still at a raw stage and therefore i think for the money i think he is too much of a gamble.

Yeh you are probably right i was just thinking of the interview with khaldoun where he said all our buisness will be quick.cant see us hanging around just got a feeling most deals are done.

birchwoodgingerste said:
sam-caddick said:
It's clear Roma don't want to sell and from their point of view you can see why but I still think Benatia will be a City player.

I can see this being expensive though, 40m euros I reckon.
ive got a feeling mangalas a done deal all the rest is pie in the sky!
Not a done deal but this very noisy pursuit of Benatia is designed to force through the remaining elements of the Mangala transfer. Although if we can snag Benatia for a reasonable price we may go ahead with it instead of Mangala anyway, but that seems unlikely.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
sam-caddick said:
It's clear Roma don't want to sell and from their point of view you can see why but I still think Benatia will be a City player.

I can see this being expensive though, 40m euros I reckon.
Not a done deal but this very noisy pursuit of Benatia is designed to force through the remaining elements of the Mangala transfer. Although if we can snag Benatia for a reasonable price we may go ahead with it instead of Mangala anyway, but that seems unlikely.

If it were to be mangala is he the correct choice?.I think he would suite the high line we play his pace being an assett and his physhical strength would complement the flair of vinny.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

If it were to be mangala is he the correct choice?.I think he would suite the high line we play his pace being an assett and his physhical strength would complement the flair of vinny.
Benatia has the physical attributes to play in our high line too, so it just depends whether we're talking about the short term or long term. Benatia is a ready made option who will come straight in alongside Vinny and solidify our defence, Mangala is likely to become the best centre back in the world one day but for the next season or so would make some mistakes that cost us.

I suppose this is what happens when you dine at the top table..transfers don't get done in a matter of days. Hopefully we keep on with this but also have our eye on a plan c player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.