Melbourne City FC Thread

moomba said:
Excellent. Bit nervy but 3 points all that matters.

Games left:
Melbourne City - Western Sydney (a), Wellington (h), Perth (a), Adelaide (a)
Brisbane - Central Coast (h), Adelaide (a), Melbourne Victory (h), Melbourne Victory (h), Newcastle (h).

Think another win and I'll be pretty confident. Is 5th a chance?
Can't see Brisbane winning those middle here games to be honest, so a win against Western Sydney should do it. As you said hopefully fifth is achievable, but securing 6th should be the first aim.

Bit nervy at the end, had to cash out my bet very late in the game. Should have gone for a second rather than defending 1-0 although I suppose it worked today.

They won but don't look too good a side, rivals Victory look much better on the pitch unfortunately, to name but one.

blue b4 the moon said:
Bit nervy at the end, had to cash out my bet very late in the game. Should have gone for a second rather than defending 1-0 although I suppose it worked today.

They won but don't look too good a side, rivals Victory look much better on the pitch unfortunately, to name but one.
I think their position is about right. With everyone fit I think they are a match for anyone, but getting everyone fit has been a challenge. Mooy, Chapman, Safuwan, Melling all to come back into the side in the next few weeks.

Excellent result. To achieve 3 points in a must win game is an alien concept. The game in itself was boring as bat shit but too often have we looked decent and played well and yet still lost. Will take 3 points and run.

If and it's a big IF we can get Mooy Melling Baharudin Chapman back and Novillo and Kennedy match fit we might be able to win an away final. Few weeks to maintain some form and get some players back.

The F Word is becoming a little more possible.

It seems Mooy is back from injury, he's just away on international duty, he's starting in Australia's friendly against Macedonia.

Pell said:
It seems Mooy is back from injury, he's just away on international duty, he's starting in Australia's friendly against Macedonia.

Correct Mooy and Baharudin out with international duty. Chapman still has 1 week left on suspension. Melling is returning from injury and I believe he is there about so might be in the mix for selection the next 2 weeks.

Overall player availability has improved immensely since the break and all things being equal we are one the form teams since the break. Couple good results and we might fall into 5th. In the first week of the finals 3rd plays 6th and 4th plays 5th and the lowest placed team is away and they are all knockout final games.

Lets just see how we go Friday and hope for a few good results.

Finals football could get a bit easier with Perth about to get done for salary cap breaches.

Brisbane big winners this morning. 6-1 up at the moment with a few minutes left, nearly wiped out Melbourne City's goal difference advantage (it's now 1 in favour of Melbourne)

So with 4 games left for both teams, Melbourne City are clear by 5 points for the last spot in the finals.

moomba said:
Brisbane big winners this morning. 6-1 up at the moment with a few minutes left, nearly wiped out Melbourne City's goal difference advantage (it's now 1 in favour of Melbourne)

So with 4 games left for both teams, Melbourne City are clear by 5 points for the last spot in the finals.

It's still within our hands. We just need to keep winning. Got Wanderers tomorrow, never won up there and Wanderers are starting to play much better. I have been very negative and lacking any confidence but with 4 games to play its time to really prove we are not going to fall into the six and be there to make up the numbers.

Predicting 0:2 win.

heartman said:
moomba said:

It's still within our hands. We just need to keep winning. Got Wanderers tomorrow, never won up there and Wanderers are starting to play much better. I have been very negative and lacking any confidence but with 4 games to play its time to really prove we are not going to fall into the six and be there to make up the numbers.

Predicting 0:2 win.
You've been very pessimistic in recent weeks when we've won, so as soon as you become optimistic we'll get beat! Just you wait!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.