Melbourne City FC Thread

All the best today, I'll miss the first 30 mins or so unfortunately but, will be wearing my Melbourne City baseball cap my lads just brought me back from his trip to Melbourne, Gold Coast & Cairns.

Well that didn't end well. 2:1 loss.

See you all later, catch up again early October unless something massive occurs during the world's longest off season.

Bit unfortunate from what a saw, pen not given when leading 1-0....bit of Sterling syndrome with the young lad brought down and a worldie/flukie equaliser for Newcastle followed by a Mangala type fuck up for the winner.

I turned the tv on when 10 mins left between Sydney and Victory.... wow.... talk about action packed.

Unlucky for Melbourne City, I'm sure you'll be back next season.

Season has to go down as a failure. No real development in the squad, playing style has gone backwards, no champions league, the brand hasn't grown, crowds haven't grown. Question marks on Joyce and a bit of a wasted season while the rivals win another trophy.

Bah.

Well there you have it people. The exact way NOT to finish a season.

Not only do we get knocked out by a scorpion kick that will probably never ever be replicated again but we also loose our Asian Champions League playoff spot because of an offside goal that couldn't get overturned because the VAR wasn't working for the first 15 minutes of the Grand final.

And people wonder why the game in this country struggles. Absolute worst case scenario.

Daniel Arzani has made the final 23 going to Russia, he will be the youngest player at the world cup, well done for the lad.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news...-that-daniel-will-make-australia-proud-492610
Melbourne city get the highest WC payment from clubs in the A League, mostly due to this fella.
Article behind a pay wall...
A-LEAGUE clubs will reap a minimum $1.53 million World Cup windfall thanks to generous new compensation being paid by FIFA for Russia 2018 participants.

Melbourne City and Newcastle Jets are the biggest winners under a complex formula, that will land them $440,000 and $360,000 respectively.

Daniel Arzani’s meteoric rise has proven lucrative for City, who’ll net a staggering $300,000 after Bert van Marwijk picked him in the final 23-man squad.

It pays off their Arzani investment and then some, with City believed to have spent around $110,000 on the winger – his annual salary has been $47,000 per annum for the past two seasons. His wage rises to almost $140,000 next season.

City will also receive an unexpected $147,000 for Tim Cahill, with the “Club Benefits Programme”, which rewards World Cup players’ clubs of the past two years.

Pleased to see Arzani make it. He probably won't play much but he offers something that has been lacking in Australian players for years.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him in Manchester in the next few years on a Mooy style deal.

A couple of years in the A League as a regular starter to get experience at a reasonable level would be good for him, if he starts to dominate like Mooy or Rogic did, most definitely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.