Melbourne City FC Thread

I would hope so.

He's not popular with the supporters, crowds are going backwards, the squad is a bit of a mess, he falls out with senior players and players with any creativity regularly, the football is bland and predictable.

Even if results were better I don't think he's the type of manager that will grow the club on and off the pitch.

TBH after five years in charge I'd hope CFG would be looking at every area of the club Things clearly aren't working as well as they should be.

I just can't see what this bloke brings.

He has alienated atleast 6 great players and created a boring impotent style. Support on gameday is around the 5k, I think those figures they release are untrue. And going forward we have almost no chance of winning anything this season or next.

We have a new Melbourne team entering next season.

I just can't see what this bloke brings.

He has alienated atleast 6 great players and created a boring impotent style. Support on gameday is around the 5k, I think those figures they release are untrue. And going forward we have almost no chance of winning anything this season or next.

We have a new Melbourne team entering next season.

Obviously Fornaroli is one of those players, but who do you class as the other 5 he's alienated?

Obviously Fornaroli is one of those players, but who do you class as the other 5 he's alienated?

Kilkenny was our player of the year the season before. He didn't get a chance to play the following season. This season he is dominating at Perth.

Cahill. Although he is a flog and deserved to get removed, but he was a big game player and last season in the big games he was the type of player that could of created something from nothing, especially in that semi loss. Being able to manage big egos is a huge part of being senior coach.

Fernando Brandan for the A League was at a very good level.

Jakobsen come to think off it is stretching things a bit due to age and injury .

And as you've mentioned Fornaroli, but also this season Michael O'halloran and Bouzanis.

To me all of these blokes are or were good enough to play and the major reason they were punted was down to personality/attitude.

I don't have an issue with a coach coming in and changing the players, the issue I do have is when the ones he brings in are lesser quality and the team overall is playing worse.

Kilkenny I think is more to do with the churn or A League players due to the salary cap, unless they're able to command a decent wage or marquee status then they're always likely to move to other clubs for a bit of extra coin and a few more years on the contract.

Cahill - was a mistake to sign him from the start.

Brandan - was injured for pretty much the whole season

Jakobsen - they wanted to keep him but Adelaide offered more cash

O'Halloran - again was injured for the whole season

Bouzanis - him leaving has more to do with the pull of JVS at PEC than the push of Joyce.

Sorry mate but your way off with a few of these.

Kilkenny wanted to stay and play for City. He bought a new house and was looking at a long term stint. Money was never the issue. Joyce didn't like/rate whatever your view and refused to play him. He even played central defenders at one point.

Brandan was recovering from injury yes, but as soon as he was released he started some games in Argentina. His loan was terminated more because of the whole McCormack play which back fired.

O'halloran we will only know in the next month, if he gets starts it's pretty safe to say he is not injured.

Cahill I agree with you totally but still a good man manager would have avoided that outcome.

The way I see it, Joyce is the wrong coach for us and his main fault is his player management and long term he will cause greater problems. The players obviously are also at fault (See Fornoroli saga) but ultimately I see Joyce as the catalyst.

With the window now closed we brought in two players. Jamie Maclaren has come in on a three and half year deal, as far as I know the rest of this season under the cap the next 3 as Marquee. The second Shayon Harrison on loan from Tottenham for rest of the season.

2 interesting points to ponder about these signings. Firstly at 25 years old and recently becoming the Socceroos starting striker and having a good A League record I think Maclaren is a decent signing. To me he is not at Fornoroli level but as a January replacement it was a good deal. My main concern is that we are committing 3 seasons and our Marquee on a player that is decent at A League level but struggled in Scotland and German 2nd division.

The other and probably more exciting is signing the Tottenham loanie. Not that I know anything about him but more so the fact that this is a new development in the visa player rules. Previously it has been a rule that visa players had to be minimum 23 years old. I think this was intended to protect the opportunity of local youth players becoming senior pros. But as a result it has just given more mature players, 25 plus guaranteed spots as most coaches have been reluctant to risk teenagers. So we have teams filled mature squad players that move around chasing yearly contracts.

So ultimately we have been unable to bring in any U23 players from Manchester until now. When this rule has changed I'm not sure but us and the Mariners are the first to do it this January. Going forward it will be interesting to see if we get 1 or 2 players from City's youth system.

Which to me was probably the most exciting possibility after takeover .

We got Adelaide home this Saturday night they are 4th on 29 points we are 5th on 27. Hopefully we can get a win and Maclaren can make a difference .

Kilkenny was a weird one. Player of the season, but frozen out as soon as Joyce came in. Not sure he even got off the bench before the move to Perth, and you can't really blame him for wanting out if he wasn't going to play.

Play at home tonight vs Adelaide.
They are 4th we are 5th. Must win if we are to stay in contention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.