Melbourne City FC Thread

Home again tomorrow night. We have had a couple Sunday arvo games but for me a Friday or Saturday night is preferred.

We are playing Mariners who are coming off their first win of the season away to Perth. So with a few kms clocked up I'm hoping they are a bit leggy.

We are playing a 10th year celebration game and the club has been pushing a Heart recognition theme which I reckon is a great move, we will be wearing the red and stripes for the first time at home since takeover which will be kind off nice. I would have loved the sash but you can't have everything.

We are going into the game as favorites and with Delbribge back we will have a few selection issues, good problems to have.

If this is to be a truly Heart like feel we will probably choke. Over the years as soon as we look like we are going on a decent run we put in an insipid lackluster performance and more often than not it's at home.

I'm hopeful and interested in seeing exactly what kind of team we are.

Finished up as a 3-1 victory.

City firmly in control for most of the match. The goal conceded was a consolation.

As long as Western Sydney don't win by more than 2 goals, City will remain top of the league.

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/m...ity-v-central-coast-mariners-hyundai-a-league

A few posts back i mentioned the weather was on improve, like most of what I post, absolute horseshit. Hail, torrential rain and barely above 10°, and in the middle of November.

Really Really good win. We knocked the ball around neatly and at times moved it really sharp, defensively we were solid and had we taken our chances we could have scored 6.

We have several players every week starting 20 or under and more ready to come on, we are sitting on top and after 5 games undefeated. The only downside was 5.5k but the weather was shocking.

Anyway we still have many weeks to balls this up and for the time being I'm enjoying it and there is at least 1 happy Melburnian.

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/m...ity-v-central-coast-mariners-hyundai-a-league

A few posts back i mentioned the weather was on improve, like most of what I post, absolute horseshit. Hail, torrential rain and barely above 10°, and in the middle of November.

Really Really good win. We knocked the ball around neatly and at times moved it really sharp, defensively we were solid and had we taken our chances we could have scored 6.

We have several players every week starting 20 or under and more ready to come on, we are sitting on top and after 5 games undefeated. The only downside was 5.5k but the weather was shocking.

Anyway we still have many weeks to balls this up and for the time being I'm enjoying it and there is at least 1 happy Melburnian.

I bet you’re pining for the return of Joyce really.

;-)

4-3 loss to Brisbane.

Were 0-2 and 1-3 up but Brisbane dominated the second half.

Brisbane scored from a couple of penalties and could have had another one.

Disappointing result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.