Melbourne City FC Thread

So the league winners are not the winners of the most games but the ones who win the grand final which is after some play off games
To be able to answer this firstly you should understand us Australians like to do things differently and what makes complete sense to us generally is completely out of whack with the rest of the world.

But basically its both. We have 2 trophies that are pretty much regarded equal. That is the Premiers Plate that is awarded to the team that finishes with highest points after the regular season, which is not exactly home and away, but currently you play most teams 3 times each, I digress.

Then you have the championship, which is awarded to the team that wins the finals series and obviously the grand grand final. And its an endless debate on which trophy is more significant and until now there hasn't been a definitive answer.

To qualify for ASIA it's the Premiers Plate winner, but apart from that it depends who you ask.

I hope that clears it up.

Having said all that tonights game is huge for us as a club.

To be able to answer this firstly you should understand us Australians like to do things differently and what makes complete sense to us generally is completely out of whack with the rest of the world.

But basically its both. We have 2 trophies that are pretty much regarded equal. That is the Premiers Plate that is awarded to the team that finishes with highest points after the regular season, which is not exactly home and away, but currently you play most teams 3 times each, I digress.

Then you have the championship, which is awarded to the team that wins the finals series and obviously the grand grand final. And its an endless debate on which trophy is more significant and until now there hasn't been a definitive answer.

To qualify for ASIA it's the Premiers Plate winner, but apart from that it depends who you ask.

I hope that clears it up.

Having said all that tonights game is huge for us as a club.
Go Cityroos!

(Sorry everyone.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.