Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Bay17 said:
Did anyone get up for this game? It was worth watching. It should be a great game next week. Friday night for us but 8:30am your time
I saw some around half time (saw the 4th goal) but it was on my iPad and the Puffin browser is rubbish since the last update and keeps freezing. As I was in bed, that was that. Got on this PC just as the final whistle went.

Sydney looked sharp, certainly a lot sharper than Victory, who must truly be the United of down under football!

BTW, despite playing in sky blue, I didn't associate Sydney with City's colours, which are sky blue and white. Sky blue and navy blue in equal measure is something else.

I can't speak for others, but for me it is the combination and proportions of colours and the pattern that is important, not just a straight what-the-colours-are. Thus solid red top and white or black shorts = United = hate, whereas red and white striped top and black or white shorts = Southampton, Sunderland, Sheff United, etc = no emotional reaction.

Bay17 said:
Did anyone get up for this game? It was worth watching. It should be a great game next week. Friday night for us but 8:30am your time

Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC is "El Classico" in Australia I heard.. Something about how Croats founded Sydney while Serbs started Victory or something?
The two biggest cities with a built in rivalry as well.

S04 said:
Bay17 said:

Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC is "El Classico" in Australia I heard.. Something about how Croats founded Sydney while Serbs started Victory or something?
The two biggest cities with a built in rivalry as well.

I was hoping all of that shit was behind us :(

Plaything of the gods said:
Bay17 said:
Melbourne Victory 0-2 SydneyFC (skyblues) 20mins in for anyone interested. Going well ! We play Sydney next friday night, they are looking sharp. Ranko Despotovic is a very strong striker who can finish
Really?
yes he is

Bay17 said:
Bay17 said:
Melbourne Victory 0-2 SydneyFC (skyblues) 20mins in for anyone interested. Going well ! We play Sydney next friday night, they are looking sharp. Ranko Despotovic is a very strong striker who can finish
Really?
yes he is
It really makes you think than under JA we played long balls and get tiny misfud and then a while later Sydney pull this guy out !! He would of been perfect for us me thinks.

Bay17 said:
Really?
a true tyrant in the penalty area, terrorrising defences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.