Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Bay17 said:
S04 said:
Bay17 said:
haha not one person has said barm. Trust me 100%. By the morning (our time) you will see that it is an english muffin haha

Shit just got serious!!!... Another 30 pages, 4 bans and the forum closed down for 6 hours
wow! why the bans though? you guys are pretty serious about the topic .. haha link me

It's just a forum in-joke. When we need some way of giving ourselves a friendly rivalry within our own fanbase (to dull the edges of an argument, to generate a bit of chatter etc) you only need mention the word "muffin" or "barm" and everyone knows what's coming next. It's a bit like the old traditional argument over how to pronounce "scone", or whether Kirk or Shatner was the best captain.

Falastur said:
Bay17 said:
S04 said:
Shit just got serious!!!... Another 30 pages, 4 bans and the forum closed down for 6 hours
wow! why the bans though? you guys are pretty serious about the topic .. haha link me

It's just a forum in-joke. When we need some way of giving ourselves a friendly rivalry within our own fanbase (to dull the edges of an argument, to generate a bit of chatter etc) you only need mention the word "muffin" or "barm" and everyone knows what's coming next. It's a bit like the old traditional argument over how to pronounce "scone", or whether Kirk or Shatner was the best captain.
ah! fair enough.

But it is muffin ;)

Bay17 said:
Falastur said:
Bay17 said:

ah! fair enough.

But it is muffin ;)

Heres the link mate but I wouldn't recommend reading all 700+ pages of it :)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101815" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=101815</a>

Falastur said:
Bay17 said:
S04 said:

Kirk. Only an clueless idiot would think Shatner was the actual captain....

Just got back from an interesting weekend in Adelaide. Good to see us come back from conceding a goal, but disappointed we didn't take the three points. Adelaide are in a bit of form so happy with a point.

Hopefully we'll leave these peasants behind now over the next few seasons. There's nothing particularly decent about their club, their fans, their stadium or their beer.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Not read every page........ so here goes....... would / should Melbourne Heart change their colour to sky blue?
In the news today and last night, we have found that the media and the FFA have an agenda to get rid of all aspects of the heart. They are reporting incorrect information and releasing polls that are in favour of everything 'sky blue' without any heart fans able to participate.
I along with many others, are getting really worried now

Bay17 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Not read every page........ so here goes....... would / should Melbourne Heart change their colour to sky blue?
In the news today and last night, we have found that the media and the FFA have an agenda to get rid of all aspects of the heart. They are reporting incorrect information and releasing polls that are in favour of everything 'sky blue' without any heart fans able to participate.
I along with many others, are getting really worried now

As much as I dislike all things red (except wine) this would not be good.
I, along with many fans disagreed with the Red Bull take over in Saltzburg and Cardiff's switch from royal blue to red.

I hope they should and are able to keep their colours. Sky Blue could easily be used for any 2nd or 3rd kit.

Was it just a coincidence or perfect PR making this announcement when City did. Towards the end of Australian Tennis Open Finals; which just happens to be held in Melbourne.

That aside any investment by City in an Academy is going change football over here in Australia big time forever; for the better. Nobody else seems to be wanting to put any money in. A couple of the clubs have already folded. Too much money lost.

Hopefully they wont be taking the piss with the ticket prices; like when Liverpool and Man Utd came over. Can't wait to see the BLUES come over here; and travel up to Melbourne.

I have watched the Heart a couple of times. Go the Heart.

Bay17 said:
S04 said:
Bay17 said:
haha not one person has said barm. Trust me 100%. By the morning (our time) you will see that it is an english muffin haha

Serious? Even our chairman got involved...

http://mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2012/May/Interview-with-Khaldoon-Al-Muburak

Last 10 seconds of the clip...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.