Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Tony999 said:
You realise you guys have caused a massive buzz amongst the football community in Australia, the Melbourne Heart supporters, made us go straight to front page of the biggest selling newspapers here, we are a major story on prime time news and even other teams are happy for us and excited. We don't expect MCFC to pour millions and millions into our club. All we want is for us to play attractive attacking football. And we believe with your help this will be achieved.

I've read that you have a salary cap, so it's unlikely we'll be able to splash big cash in the transfer market. But at least you'll be competitive with the top of the table.

The big competitive advantage will come in your academies. Ours has been revolutionized.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Tony999 said:
You realise you guys have caused a massive buzz amongst the football community in Australia, the Melbourne Heart supporters, made us go straight to front page of the biggest selling newspapers here, we are a major story on prime time news and even other teams are happy for us and excited.
In 2008 on the day after the takeover, I was working away from home & walked into the pub oppsoite where I was staying and all I could hear were people talking about City and this time they weren't laughing at us. It was the most fantastic feeling.

Mate, we have been the laughing stock since we were formed (4 years ago). We worked off the tightest budget for our first two years and developed exciting young players one of which went to Newcastle Utd. and made the final play offs in our second season. Third season it all went pear shaped. We hired John Aloisi, some of you may know/remember him to be our coach. Good player back in the day but sucked balls as a coach. We didn't win a single game outside of Melbourne for 1.5 seasons (and still haven't but we have only had our manager for 3 weeks), we won our first game in 19 matches last week, our record "win" record with him was appalling. Finally the sh*t hit the fan and he was sacked. Everyone has a soft spot for Melbourne Heart but lately our unattractive style has scared off many people. Having said all that, we will not be a laughing stock. Other teams/supporters are asking "Why did they buy Melbourne Heart"? And there is obviously some sense of jealousy. The future looks bright for us and we can go back to developing youth and playing attractive attacking football.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 am --<br /><br />
Blue Haze said:
Tony999 said:
You realise you guys have caused a massive buzz amongst the football community in Australia, the Melbourne Heart supporters, made us go straight to front page of the biggest selling newspapers here, we are a major story on prime time news and even other teams are happy for us and excited. We don't expect MCFC to pour millions and millions into our club. All we want is for us to play attractive attacking football. And we believe with your help this will be achieved.

I've read that you have a salary cap, so it's unlikely we'll be able to splash big cash in the transfer market. But at least you'll be competitive with the top of the table.

The big competitive advantage will come in your academies. Ours has been revolutionized.

We do have a salary cap but we can have a marquee player that can be paid millions. There are some high profile players here already that are marquee players. We have had good ones in the past too. Best marquee players we have now across the A-league are: Del Piero, Heskey, Engelaar, Sinji Ono.... they are past their peak but it's great publicity for football and they definitely still world class players.

So City football group Ltd got a Manchester branch, a New York branch and now a Melbourne branch.. Each one in a separate confederation which hardly is a coincidence.
Can we expect south-America and Africa soon?

TrueToTheHeart said:
Hello lads, I will introduce myself as a very passionate and loyal supporter of the Melbourne Heart football Club

The Heart is my main team in world sport. I support them more than anyone else, I am one of a small but like minded group.

Our story

Our club entered the A-League 5 years after our crosstown rivals Melbourne victory. By this point the victory had gained a large number of the available supporters and corporate sponsors. The heart attempted to provide a point of difference with a community focus, but the club was given little funding from the FFA when compared to the western Sydney wanderers who are a favorite son of the FFA now after their initial success- all due to a major cash influx from the FFA themselves.

Due to the abscence of major funding, our club quickly found themselves running on a shoestring budget and training at substandard facilities for which government funded upgrades had not occurred. Regardless of this, the team continued to have success but that came to an abrupt halt when the club signed John Aloisi- a socceroo who's main claim to fame was scoring a penalty to send Australia to ten World Cup. On the back of that single moment, Aloisi earring himself a 3 year deal in April 2012. despite never having coached a senior team before. As you can tell, things went downhill from there.

Fast forward to January 2014- the team has won 6 games of which 1 has come this season after the club finally sacked Aloisi and has not won a game away from home. Naturally this sees the club run into a very poor financial position, becoming the poorest club in the a-league.

This is where you lot come in to it- Manchester city; unable to buy into any other a-league team who decides to keep to themselves find the struggling Melbourne Heart. They easily purchase the team and turn what was a club of its own into an entity of the major club in its brilliant idea to achieve success by building a global monopoly.

I thank all of you for coming over to our forum and taking an interest in our club, but now it is effectively yours. We are now Melbourne City and soon we will be sponsored by emirates and playing in sky blue.

It's all very we'll you coming to us and telling us how well you club. has done under the new owner but

Did your owner attempt to totally rebrand the name and colors of your club?
Did your owner make your club seem like a small piece in a larger puzzle?

That is what is really feels like to me. I feel I have lost my club, my home my sporting family, all in someone else's master plan!

To conclude, our club was run by idiots who didn't believe that their supporters truly cared about the club and wanted the best for them over all other clubs. They believed in mediocrity and now we are in this position now.

I see that there are many potential positives for our club, but I really feel that the cost is that we are now a mini-man city and have lost our independence.

I am interested to hear what you guys think about this but please think of us- the supporters whose club is being rebranded and potentially knocked down to start again. We are loyal and proud supporters just like you.

Come on you Hearts!

Thanks for posting TrueToTheHeart.

Everything that you said was overly reactionary and wrong if you look at the history of these deals, but thanks for offering it anyway.

23lwsocc_20140123224940191991-620x349.jpg

It definitely came across a lot more forceful and offensive that what I wanted it to be, I just wanted to express my opinion that some of us are definitely very concerned that certain aspects of our identity will be lost.

But otherwise, it really is great to see the many city supporters coming over to out forum and sharing their views

TrueToTheHeart said:
It definitely came across a lot more forceful and offensive that what I wanted it to be, I just wanted to express my opinion that some of us are definitely very concerned that certain aspects of our identity will be lost.

But otherwise, it really is great to see the many city supporters coming over to out forum and sharing their views

I was being facetious rather than serious, your concerns are well warranted but you have to remember that we've seen these people come in and transform us to a world leader whilst reinforcing our identity.

We're brothers of the same family now whether we like it or not. Just a bit of banter.

TrueToTheHeart said:
Hello lads, I will introduce myself as a very passionate and loyal supporter of the Melbourne Heart football Club

The Heart is my main team in world sport. I support them more than anyone else, I am one of a small but like minded group.

Our story

Our club entered the A-League 5 years after our crosstown rivals Melbourne victory. By this point the victory had gained a large number of the available supporters and corporate sponsors. The heart attempted to provide a point of difference with a community focus, but the club was given little funding from the FFA when compared to the western Sydney wanderers who are a favorite son of the FFA now after their initial success- all due to a major cash influx from the FFA themselves.

Due to the abscence of major funding, our club quickly found themselves running on a shoestring budget and training at substandard facilities for which government funded upgrades had not occurred. Regardless of this, the team continued to have success but that came to an abrupt halt when the club signed John Aloisi- a socceroo who's main claim to fame was scoring a penalty to send Australia to ten World Cup. On the back of that single moment, Aloisi earring himself a 3 year deal in April 2012. despite never having coached a senior team before. As you can tell, things went downhill from there.

Fast forward to January 2014- the team has won 6 games of which 1 has come this season after the club finally sacked Aloisi and has not won a game away from home. Naturally this sees the club run into a very poor financial position, becoming the poorest club in the a-league.

This is where you lot come in to it- Manchester city; unable to buy into any other a-league team who decides to keep to themselves find the struggling Melbourne Heart. They easily purchase the team and turn what was a club of its own into an entity of the major club in its brilliant idea to achieve success by building a global monopoly.

I thank all of you for coming over to our forum and taking an interest in our club, but now it is effectively yours. We are now Melbourne City and soon we will be sponsored by emirates and playing in sky blue.

It's all very we'll you coming to us and telling us how well you club. has done under the new owner but

That is what is really feels like to me. I feel I have lost my club, my home my sporting family, all in someone else's master plan!

To conclude, our club was run by idiots who didn't believe that their supporters truly cared about the club and wanted the best for them over all other clubs. They believed in mediocrity and now we are in this position now.

I see that there are many potential positives for our club, but I really feel that the cost is that we are now a mini-man city and have lost our independence.

I am interested to hear what you guys think about this but please think of us- the supporters whose club is being rebranded and potentially knocked down to start again. We are loyal and proud supporters just like you.

Come on you Hearts!

No our owners didnt rebrand our colours but rebranded us, thank firk. We have a history of 100 years not 4, you should be jumping for joy

TrueToTheHeart said:

Our story

Come on you Hearts!

All I can say is, sooner or later down the line you'll wonder why you ever questioned the takeover. Our owners took a complete interest in our history and tradition, I imagine the same will be done with your club. Everything that will be done for your club will be in your best interest, I have no doubt about that. You your club was run by idiots, then fear not, because the new guys will be the complete opposite.

Of course there will be some things you won't be happy with, but overall you will see why it's the best thing that could have happened.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:56 am --<br /><br />
TrueToTheHeart said:

Our story

Come on you Hearts!

All I can say is, sooner or later down the line you'll wonder why you ever questioned the takeover. Our owners took a complete interest in our history and tradition, I imagine the same will be done with your club. Everything that will be done for your club will be in your best interest, I have no doubt about that. You your club was run by idiots, then fear not, because the new guys will be the complete opposite.

Of course there will be some things you won't be happy with, but overall you will see why it's the best thing that could have happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.