Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Falastur said:
Ducado said:
Tony999 said:
I'm still buzzing with the Man City takeover for Melbourne Heart. Never really had an EPL team to follow so as of Australia Day (which was on the 27th of Jan) I have declared my support for Man City. You guys now have a new fan in Australia! Met some guy from England yesterday at the beach and he supports some club I have never heard of in England called Preston or something... turns out he supports the Heart as well.

Preston North End, they are one of the oldest established clubs in the UK, however they are languishing in what is known as League 1 which is two below the Prem

The first club in world history to win the double, too, and without losing a single league game either. One of the early giants of the English game, though very much a spent force nowadays.

A bit like the rags.

Falastur said:
Ducado said:
Tony999 said:
I'm still buzzing with the Man City takeover for Melbourne Heart. Never really had an EPL team to follow so as of Australia Day (which was on the 27th of Jan) I have declared my support for Man City. You guys now have a new fan in Australia! Met some guy from England yesterday at the beach and he supports some club I have never heard of in England called Preston or something... turns out he supports the Heart as well.

Preston North End, they are one of the oldest established clubs in the UK, however they are languishing in what is known as League 1 which is two below the Prem

The first club in world history to win the double, too, and without losing a single league game either. One of the early giants of the English game, though very much a spent force nowadays.

Though could be back in Championship if they keep up their current form.

Bit like the rags.

Falastur said:
Ducado said:
Tony999 said:

They're coming back.... or at least so a bloke from work keeps saying. To be fair, they've got an outside chance of a Quarter Final appearance in the cup and they've got a good chance of going up in the play offs.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Falastur said:
Ducado said:

Though could be back in Championship if they keep up their current form.

Bit like the rags.

Hahaha

My chemistry teacher in high school used to support PNE. Sad git, his reason was protons, neutrons, electrons. True story. It worked too.

Tony999 said:

Hmmm I wonder if you're actually Australian? Australia Day was and always has been on the 26th Jan

I'd just like to say welcome to our new colleagues from Oz (and other places for that matter).

Great to see us making friends and influencing people outside our traditional patch. Whatever happened to "ickle old Citeh"?

sir baconface said:
I'd just like to say welcome to our new colleagues from Oz (and other places for that matter).

Great to see us making friends and influencing people outside our traditional patch. Whatever happened to "ickle old Citeh"?
But were they at York away?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.