Memories of the Pink Final

We were only kids at the time but my mate Dave threw a meat pie at Jack Kelsey, (ask your dads), he in turn handed it to the ref.
That night in the Pink, buried in the report was a reference to half a brick being thrown during the game. A sad reflection on the state of the pies.

I still have a copy of the pink from saturday 8th november 1996
Taggarts first game in charge they got beat 1-0 at oxford john aldridge scored 17th minute pen.
we won 3-1 at home to villa paul moulden 26 and 81 varadi 56(team suckling.gidman.wilson.clements.McCathy.grealish.baker.Mcnab.varadi.moulden.simpson.sub white.
we was 3rd from bottom with 12 points manure where 1 point above us.
liverpool and forest shared top spot with 26 points
also a woman was killed when her car collided with the villa team coach in manchester on there way to main road

TOP PAPER

teganblue said:
Taggarts first game in charge they got beat 1-0 at oxford john aldridge scored 17th minute pen.
we won 3-1 at home to villa paul moulden 26 and 81 varadi 56(team suckling.gidman.wilson.clements.McCathy.grealish.baker.Mcnab.varadi.moulden.simpson.sub white.
also a woman was killed when her car collided with the villa team coach in manchester on there way to main road

TOP PAPER

Must have been a late goal in that Oxford game cause am sure them lot got done 2 zip in Taggart's 1st game

MCFC OK

teganblue said:

TOP PAPER

Yes remember that game well - was Billy McNeill's first trip back to Maine Road since leaving us for his short lived managerial stint at Villa.
I was on the 99 bus from Sale and we were held up as the car crash was on the Parkway near to Southern Cemetery (strangely!) and held up in the traffic queues.

I bought one from that van outside the souvenir shop but stopped cos the 'results' were often half-time scores and the reports were often rubbish. The later edition was the business though so I'd wait till I'd walked (and sometimes fought) my way back to Chorlton and then wait for the van to turn up at the newsagents. As I watched the rezzies on my ST every other week this routine would not deviate. Always marvelled that they got it out into the suburbs so quickly. Always wondered how many vans they must have had out there?!

(We got some good crowds for the rezzies back then especially when King Colin was making his way back. The rezzie mini-derby was as intense as the main event with a surprisingly high rag turnout too. Pretty sure we won the central league that season too).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.