Memories of your first time watching City

I think my first match was Shalke 04 in 1970. I was 12.
My dad hated football. He worked Saturdays so could only take me to night matches. I don't remember much about it and as I say, it may not have been my first.

1973, England were playing West Indies at Lords and there was a bomb scare. I was probably too young to fully understand, I just couldn't understand why the cricket had stopped. My dad then said to me he had a spare ticket for the match as my brother wasn't going and I said I would go with him. Don't really remember the game but hooked ever since. On the note of bomb scares I vaguely remember there being one at City in the 70's and the guy over the tannoy just asked everyone to check under the seats whilst the game carried on. Does anyone else remember this?

December 1991, arsenal at home and won 1-0, David white.

My main memory is seeing all the different colour chairs in the main and North stand, walking up to the pitch and the green just struck me.

My most vivid memories of my first few city games is the PA playing stars by simply red, whenever I hear that song I'm still taken back to being 7 years old looking out over Maine road and feeling nervous and excited. Shame it's a fucking rag but what can you do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.