Meniscus tear

Oh, a perk in all this. As part of the treatment, a nurse working in my local town had to come to my home every day to give me the anti-coagulant injection (they're very careful about that these days) and rebandage the knee.
She was very pretty.
That was very nice.
Racked my brains to think of ways of making the bandaging process more drawn out, but couldn't think of anything that wouldn't make me seem like a dirty old perv…
Think she had me sussed anyway.
Don't bother to ask for photos. I treasure them for myself.

My left knee just flared with pain about 3 months ago.
The agony was stopping me getting hardly any sleep at night.
Doctor sent me for an Xray about 6 weeks ago and rang with results of 'wear and tear' in my left knee.
He asked if I'd had an injury there which I told him not that I can remember.
He says he can offer me an injection that may or may not work.
I left it.
The pain is still there but I must be getting used to it as I can get some sleep now.
Was taking anti inflammatory tablets at first before the Xray but try keeping off them unless it flares up really bad again in the future.
Would an Xray show any ligament damage in the knee or just 'wear n tear' whatever that means?
Likely you had cysts forming in the knee. They're akin to having a toothache in your knee. They tend to settle down after 3 or 4 months. An x-ray won't show much at all maybe the loss of cartilage between the bones. An MRI gives a comprehensive view of everything. By the way those cortisone shot are useless at least for me anyway. There's another injection which is a gel lubricant. It wasn't any better. I take glucosimine which seemed to help although the doctor says I only think it does.

Likely you had cysts forming in the knee. They're akin to having a toothache in your knee. They tend to settle down after 3 or 4 months. An x-ray won't show much at all maybe the loss of cartilage between the bones. An MRI gives a comprehensive view of everything. By the way those cortisone shot are useless at least for me anyway. There's another injection which is a gel lubricant. It wasn't any better.
Wow mate.
Yes I can feel a cyst in my knee now that I can push about with my finger but is painless.
And yeah I described the pain in my knee to my Mrs and doctor as like really bad toothache.
Thanks for the advice on the cortisone injection which others have also told me about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.