Mental/Funny/Surreal things near you

There was an old lady in our village called Dorothy, she looked about 120 and walked around all day asking people for a light for the little fag end she carried round with her. She lived in the local care home, they used to let her out at 8 o clock in the morning and she'd walk round all day. She used to go into the pubs where people would give her proper cigarettes and then 5 minutes later she'd come back in with the tiny stub and ask for a light.
She actually died last year and hardly suprisingly had absolutely nothing and no family. She was going to be buried in a paupers grave (didnt think they still had them) but the local pub had a whip round for her and raised enough for a proper little headstone for her.

Bluechipblue said:
Clevers said:
There used be a chap who walked up and down London Rd in Manchester and stopped every so often and faced the wall before tapping on it with his knuckles.

One person where I worked used to cycle to work in all weather and seasons in just a shirt, trousers and shoes. I remember one day when I was freezing and wearing a thick overcoat, his only concession was he had rolled his sleeves down.
Wonder whether it's the same guy I used to see going to the bus stop on my way to work on Chester Road. He had long black hair and a beard, looked like Christ on a bike. All's he wore everyday, whatever the weather, was a white shirt with rolled up sleeves, grey trousers with bicycle clips and black shoes.
Also, the black guy who would stand rigidly still with the name of a website daubed on a piece of card, stood on the grass verge at the bottom of Trafford Park flyover.

The cyclist sounds like the same guy I saw, apparently he was quite well off, his father had left him some money and he had successfully invested it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.