Message to the Norwich Fans that attended today.

I thought the Man City support against Norwich was awful. Next to no singing and everyone just sat back and expected a win.

It's not always like that Norwich if you're reading

daveduke67 said:
i8rags said:
Fuck Norwich and their support, they were shit just like their team. Can't believe we have a thread about how good another teams support was.ffs.

What about Lech Poznan and Aris then? Didn't they deserve a thread?

The reason we have threads about other clubs is because we're not like some local clubs I could mention. We have been rock bottom and fucking lucky to be where we are now. Had we not been bought when we were I'm sure we'd have been in some serious trouble with Frank at the helm. In fact we'd be lucky to be in serious trouble - more likely have gone bump and gone forever!

A lot of us haven't forgotten what it's like to watch us playing crap and regularly travelling miles to see our team get beaten yet again. It hasn't always been like this and we shouldn't mock people who are in the same or similar position we found ourselves for so long. What's wrong with showing a bit of respect to clubs and/or fans that deserve it. It's called humility - something that puts us head and shoulders above the filth that lives a few miles down the road. They wouldn't know class if it slapped them in the face.

We've always been a popular club with other teams, partly because of our arch rivals and partly because of our humour and general good natured fans. Please don't turn into one of those scumbags that go down the road and become as despised as they are because of their shitty attitude to other clubs and their fans.

Well said.

I sit on the 2nd Tier very close to the away fans and I have to say you Norwich fans were pretty impressive, personally I didn't see any of you being a knob and your "we'll score when we want chant" gave me the best laugh of the afternoon,I wasn't bothered about the "where were you when you were shit chant" it's water of a ducks back these days. I'm just glad Delia didn't turn up on our pitch at half time with her "Let's be having you" rant, I must also say fair play to Paul Lambert for not reacting to the BBC's attempt to court Controversy over Balotellis goal in his post match interview.

Good luck for the rest of your season

Bilboblue said:
joencfc said:
Hello guys and girls of Man City.
Thanks for all your good words, I was at the Etihad on Saturday and by our own standards, our support (especially first half) was quite poor. Especially away from home, it was quiet. Like you say, it was a lot of our own "plastic" fans who thought they'd come to the Etihad because of the monumental occasion for a club like Norwich, and didn't really know many of the words to our usual away songs other than "On The Ball City". For all the big clubs we've been to this season, (Chelsea, Liverpool and United) your fans were by far the best, simply because you guys are true fans. Again, as you say your fans were there before you were big and for that I've got the utmost respect for you, and I didn't join in with the "where were you when you were shit?" chorus.

However, I do not want you to win the league. Simply because I'm very jealous of the money you've got, and would like to see that money can't buy you success. On the other hand, given that sort of money I could go out and buy the world's best players, but it takes a good manager to make it work on the pitch and Mancini has done that, your performance against us was sublime, we barely had a touch of the ball.

Regarding some of our fans being knobheads, which I have no doubt they were, as one of your posters said every club has them and you had your fair share to the right of our support, but other than that your fans were spot on. Didn't get the chance to chat to many before the game as we were running late, but we stayed in Manchester for the night and spoke to some after and we all agreed you were simply too good. Will be very surprised if you dont win the league and good luck for the rest of the season, except when you come to Carrow Road of course! (and let's hope we can avoid a half-time Delia rant again)

You shouldn't say that fella, your club has earned it's right to play in the Premier League.

I hope you stay up, I like Norwich (prob due to the fact we nearly always beat you!) and I hope you will be returning for many years yet.

Proper club, decent fans (except the w.w.y.w.y.w.s chant), good luck for the season.

Yeah I guess so, but considering where we've come from, to even consider playing against the likes of you 2 and a half years ago would have been outrageous. However, we cannot keep relying on "we were in league one two years ago" we're here now and hopefully we're here to stay

Good luck for rest of season too.

I didn't think you played well against us, but I've seen you play well at Chelsea, Utd & Liverpool. Beware 2nd half of season. In recent seasons teams like Hull and Blackpool have started well only to drop off later.

Been watching Norwich's rise back up the leagues and I noticed that your crowds stuck by your club and now your loyalty is being rewarded.

joencfc said:
Bilboblue said:
joencfc said:
Thanks for all your good words, I was at the Etihad on Saturday and by our own standards, our support (especially first half) was quite poor. Especially away from home, it was quiet. Like you say, it was a lot of our own "plastic" fans who thought they'd come to the Etihad because of the monumental occasion for a club like Norwich, and didn't really know many of the words to our usual away songs other than "On The Ball City". For all the big clubs we've been to this season, (Chelsea, Liverpool and United) your fans were by far the best, simply because you guys are true fans. Again, as you say your fans were there before you were big and for that I've got the utmost respect for you, and I didn't join in with the "where were you when you were shit?" chorus.

However, I do not want you to win the league. Simply because I'm very jealous of the money you've got, and would like to see that money can't buy you success. On the other hand, given that sort of money I could go out and buy the world's best players, but it takes a good manager to make it work on the pitch and Mancini has done that, your performance against us was sublime, we barely had a touch of the ball.

Regarding some of our fans being knobheads, which I have no doubt they were, as one of your posters said every club has them and you had your fair share to the right of our support, but other than that your fans were spot on. Didn't get the chance to chat to many before the game as we were running late, but we stayed in Manchester for the night and spoke to some after and we all agreed you were simply too good. Will be very surprised if you dont win the league and good luck for the rest of the season, except when you come to Carrow Road of course! (and let's hope we can avoid a half-time Delia rant again)

You shouldn't say that fella, your club has earned it's right to play in the Premier League.

I hope you stay up, I like Norwich (prob due to the fact we nearly always beat you!) and I hope you will be returning for many years yet.

Proper club, decent fans (except the w.w.y.w.y.w.s chant), good luck for the season.

Yeah I guess so, but considering where we've come from, to even consider playing against the likes of you 2 and a half years ago would have been outrageous. However, we cannot keep relying on "we were in league one two years ago" we're here now and hopefully we're here to stay
tighten up the defense and keep feeding whatever the fuck it is that you feed morrison and you'll stay up. don't mind norwich at all, no reason to hate them and we'll always back the underdogs. great support

joencfc said:
Bilboblue said:
joencfc said:

Wasn't that long ago that City were newly promoted to the Premiership after successive promotions back from the old 3rd Division and excitedly going to places like Leeds Utd etc.

We're not just Manchester City fans but football fans, and I respect any football fan who travels across the length of the country to support their club.

Edit: Any Norwich fans might be interested in this old man City documentary. It features John Bond quite a lot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3KVEy1XKoc&feature=player_embeddedThe John Bond pieces are later episode but I am sure you can find the links. I think one of the later episodes has highlights of an old City Norwich game

CITY FOR LIFE said:
You were a credit to your club, top support, by far the best in the Prem Lge at our ground this season.

Loved it when you did the Poz but even more when you scored and started singing 'we are Norwich we will score when we want'

That is why the home supporters were clapping you, great support all day.

Hope you do well this season, always great to see away support like that.

ditto

daveduke67 said:
i8rags said:
Fuck Norwich and their support, they were shit just like their team. Can't believe we have a thread about how good another teams support was.ffs.

What about Lech Poznan and Aris then? Didn't they deserve a thread?

The reason we have threads about other clubs is because we're not like some local clubs I could mention. We have been rock bottom and fucking lucky to be where we are now. Had we not been bought when we were I'm sure we'd have been in some serious trouble with Frank at the helm. In fact we'd be lucky to be in serious trouble - more likely have gone bump and gone forever!

A lot of us haven't forgotten what it's like to watch us playing crap and regularly travelling miles to see our team get beaten yet again. It hasn't always been like this and we shouldn't mock people who are in the same or similar position we found ourselves for so long. What's wrong with showing a bit of respect to clubs and/or fans that deserve it. It's called humility - something that puts us head and shoulders above the filth that lives a few miles down the road. They wouldn't know class if it slapped them in the face.

We've always been a popular club with other teams, partly because of our arch rivals and partly because of our humour and general good natured fans. Please don't turn into one of those scumbags that go down the road and become as despised as they are because of their shitty attitude to other clubs and their fans.

Top post sir, the last thing we want is to be like them arrogant bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.