Messi or Ronaldo?

GStar said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
So fucking what Ronaldo kicked the shit out of the WC didnt he!!!

Well you're three exclamation marks have well and truely proven you're point.

If you're going to call Argentinians deluded for wanting Messi dropped despite playing shit then perhaps we should just line up all give Messi the reach around he apparently deserves so much.

No player is beyond criticism.

What i give up with this Messi, Ronaldo thing i pointed out they both great but then you mention the WC like Ronaldo run the show while Messi didnt i point out he didnt and you point out the fact i got overzelous with my ! The WC is a shite example for both as neither get to play the way they do for there teams and both were wank by there high standards at WC

GStar said:
Villan10 said:
Not really proof....one persons word of a few people he spoke to. was also still probably their best player during the WC. So that makes little sense?

He was part of a decent team but not good enough, with an inept manager and that's why he didn't win the world cup. He wasn't individually poor at all if people decided to watch the games.

He also played out of position in a role he doesn't ever play for his club.

You were the one asking for proof, i was only using what had been said here... i wasn't compiling a scientific report.

He really wasn't... Higuain was hit and miss but more prolific, Tevez had more impact in the build up play.

I watched all their games and i thought he was poor overall... he played a complete free role, he could go whereever he wanted. Plus if he's so good then surely he'd adapt?

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make?

He wasn't poor, weren't at his best but still shown his quality and created goals even if he didn't score.

He played a free role but Maradonna wanted him to be the centre of everything, he wanted Messi to be himself and they are different players. Messi needs to play advanced, others need to be building the play, he should simply be central and in the last phase of attacking player to score and create play. When you play as a free role, you obviously aren't just going to stand upfront, especially when Argentina played with other strikers, so he was forced to come deep, he was almost playing the role Iniesta does for Barcelona at times.

Messi should be in and out of games not in them all game. He's not the sort of player who is going to be at his best receiving the ball deep, he'll still show he's a class player like he did in the World Cup but nowhere near what he's capable off.

Hopefully once a decent manager is at Argentina they will realise how to use Messi.

Sabster said:
Villan10 said:
Not really proof....one persons word of a few people he spoke to. was also still probably their best player during the WC. So that makes little sense?

He was part of a decent team but not good enough, with an inept manager and that's why he didn't win the world cup. He wasn't individually poor at all if people decided to watch the games.

He also played out of position in a role he doesn't ever play for his club.

What position was that remind me? (Free role is the correct answer)

He hogged the ball and was selfish at the world cup. The argument that Maradona is an inept coach works for defensive players but not for attacking players - argentina dominated the possesion in every game they played and Messi had loads of the ball yet did not perform.

If however he was playing in an ultra defensive team and had no support whatsoever (like a certain Portuguese fellow)and argument might be had as to why he didn't perform but the fact is he got loads of the ball and loads of oppurtunities to shine but he didn't.

No, for Argentina he played a free role in the midfield, for Barcelona he pretty much plays as a central striker although is given more freedom than your normal number 9.

He's a forward, his best way is in the final third, not the middle third.

conormcfc said:
Sabster said:
No its not, I was in Argentina in the summer, most of them wanted him dropped from the team.
One of my best mates is Argentinian. He knows plenty of other Argentinians and I'm telling you now, you're wrong. He's idolized by them.

Yeah but conor he went there on holiday and them idolising him doesnt back his argument up

conormcfc said:
Sabster said:
No its not, I was in Argentina in the summer, most of them wanted him dropped from the team.
One of my best mates is Argentinian. He knows plenty of other Argentinians and I'm telling you now, you're wrong. He's idolized by them.

That is a not what I picked up (at least from my experience), many of them thought of him as catalan rather than Argentinian.

Sabster said:
conormcfc said:

That is a not what I picked up (at least from my experience), many of them thought of him as catalan rather than Argentinian.

Where exactly did you go in Argentina then?

Sabster said:
conormcfc said:

The old 'he moved to Barca as a teenager so he's regarded as a Catalan' thing. It's a myth. At least according to my mate anyway.

conormcfc said:
Sabster said:
The old 'he moved to Barca as a teenager so he's regarded as a Catalan' thing. It's a myth. At least according to my mate anyway.

If he married Maradonas daughter it wouldnt even matter about his form. Aguero has picked up this season but was pants last year and still gets too much love

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.