Messi Slams Barça Board - Big Story in Spain

What's the story here, what's caused this reaction?

The short answer is that it goes back to Bartomeu & the sporting direction but as Pep would know quite well, it is the entorno in general. Messi has never effectively called out the board (In this case, specifically Abidal) in the media. This is a departure from him and will have ramifications

Bartomeu has apparently called an emergency meeting with Abidal where I am fairly certain he will be the sacrificial lamb and sacked to try & deflect from his own failures but it's far from over. Barto will likely assume SD duties on top of VP after sacking two others in the summer, all that is left is for him to put on a kit and play winger

Should be interesting what happens next

The short answer is that it goes back to Bartomeu & the sporting direction but as Pep would know quite well, it is the entorno in general. Messi has never effectively called out the board (In this case, specifically Abidal) in the media. This is a departure from him and will have ramifications

Bartomeu has apparently called an emergency meeting with Abidal where I am fairly certain he will be the sacrificial lamb and sacked to try & deflect from his own failures but it's far from over. Barto will likely assume SD duties on top of VP after sacking two others in the summer, all that is left is for him to put on a kit and play winger

Should be interesting what happens next

Are there elections for the board this summer? Does it not all change anyway?

Talk about a single player bigger than the club. In fairness , he is one of the best of all time

Are there elections for the board this summer? Does it not all change anyway?

Elections are in 2021 but candidates will begin the campaign this summer and Bartomeu will absolutely be looking to consolidate power even after he leaves office by pushing his own candidate - that surely looks tenuous at best now

It's a confluence of factors that had it spill over now but I saw the writing on the wall in summer when there was tension between Bartomeu & Messi regarding the Neymar pursuit & signing Griezmann. It boiled over after habitually lying and effectively destabilizing a smaller & smaller squad due to injuries and shipping out cantera players. As I say, this is the entorno of Barca and no question facilitated the exit of Pep sooner as 1st team coach

This is the house of Messi and after the club legends that have distanced themselves from Barto (Pep, Xavi, Puyol & Valdes) it's only a matter of time to see how Bartomeu & his propaganda arm (Grupo Godó - i.e. MD & RAC1) try to align. Will they go after Messi or double down on placing blame on Abidal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.