Metal detecting and finds

A friend of mine got into it. He managed to find a few quid in Roman. Other than that, nowt much.
Not partaken personally but I did enjoy this find, a few years back.

A bloke I work with loves it, last week he found 2 coins from the 13th century, valued at £525 each, his mate who he was with found a bronze axe head and chisel, 3500 years old. A museum is paying £12.5k for them. The farmer gets half, they get half. No one is allowed to dig where they found it now, archaeologists are taking over the site, they think it could be the setting of the first roundhouse found in the county(he told me but I can't remember where, maybe Shropshire???), but he said the site is still classed as their dig, so any artifacts found they and the farmer are entitled to half each of the proceeds.

Watched an episode of the detectorists the other day. Not sure if it's total dogshit or very clever.
i dont watch tv full stop,so i dont know .
but my dad does,and as far as i know,that "detectorists" is shite,its a so called comedy,he is serious about his hobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.