Metal detecting and finds

I have been looking at taking up detecting, what would be a suitable budget unit to ween myself onto it without looking like a swat team member?

I have heard Garrett machines are OK, is second hand fine or is it better to just go for new?

I have been looking at taking up detecting, what would be a suitable budget unit to ween myself onto it without looking like a swat team member?

I have heard Garrett machines are OK, is second hand fine or is it better to just go for new?
Garrett Ace 250 should see you right to start with. Match it with a Garrett Pro Pinpointer and some headphones, Garrett do their own which are very reasonable.

Apart from that it's all about permissions!

One thing I do scratch my head at,that seems to be getting more and more popular, is someone putting a rope on a large industrial magnet and just randomly throwing the magnet into the Canal. A few weeks ago I was on my Canal Boat just past the Anderson Boat lift and there was about 10 of them at 9.00am on a Sunday morning all kitted out in Club Sweatshirts stood neatly in a line along the canal bank. What’s that all about, on a lucky day they may get the odd piece of cutlery that’s fallen off a boat or a rusty bike wheel but if it’s buried Roman treasure they are after they need to have a history lesson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.