METAVERSE

Wafty Cranker

Seems many companies are going in on this. Facebook spending billions of dollars each year and has now changed it’s name to Meta.

Atari are working on a gaming platform in the metaverse.

Decentraland has sold a virtual plot of land for over half a million dollars.

Some serious resources being thrown at this.

What do you reckon? In years to come will we going to work in a virtual world?

We already construct our personal 'world' so why not add in some augmentation or full-on virtualisation?

I bought some furniture the other day from MADE and I could use my phone to place it in my room and see how it looks. Brilliant idea and, through such devices, there are many things that can be 'placed' into our view to either assist us or (more likely) advertise and sell to us.

The problem with this is still the need for a device. I took part in a small piece of research into Google Glass at Manchester Gallery some years ago. Seemed like a decent idea, as you look at the pictures information appeared in your view, but Google are no longer selling this technology.

I cannot see us going about with VR headsets on so I am not sure how they will make it become ubiquitous as they have with the last BIG thing, the smartphone.

Anyone aware of initiatives in this area?

We already construct our personal 'world' so why not add in some augmentation or full-on virtualisation?

I bought some furniture the other day from MADE and I could use my phone to place it in my room and see how it looks. Brilliant idea and, through such devices, there are many things that can be 'placed' into our view to either assist us or (more likely) advertise and sell to us.

The problem with this is still the need for a device. I took part in a small piece of research into Google Glass at Manchester Gallery some years ago. Seemed like a decent idea, as you look at the pictures information appeared in your view, but Google are no longer selling this technology.

I cannot see us going about with VR headsets on so I am not sure how they will make it become ubiquitous as they have with the last BIG thing, the smartphone.

Anyone aware of initiatives in this area?
I think this will eventually lead to virtual seating at stadiums. Most likely you will be able to watch the match from your armchair but you will watch the game as if your sitting in a seat in the stadium.
To boost the coppers clubs will sell virtual season tickets.

I think this will eventually lead to virtual seating at stadiums. Most likely you will be able to watch the match from your armchair but you will watch the game as if your sitting in a seat in the stadium.
Imagine being Phil Foden for the game. You put your VR headset on and choose your player and you experience what Phil does on the pitch.

Fuck me after the furore surrounding mobile ticketing you’d think they’d run a mile at the idea. Anyroad will there be a hologram of me sitting in my seat flickering like that lass in Star Wars who wanted help?

And do we really need a new internet to make this a reality?

This is the 2001 Space Odyssey conspiracy theory. Aliens influence us to evolve over time and by the end you become a digital entity. Interesting.

...and when you go to the kitchen/loo etc would it register as as a virtual empty seat?

I'm glad i won't live to see it. My real world is confusing enough, thank you. Now where did I leave my virtual sex partner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.