Metro Tram stop at COMS - Etihad

dark 'n stormy wrote:
Quote:
MCC wrote:
Do OAP`s get free transport?

Yes they do!

Only on buses if they live outside Greater Manchester (like me).

FREE On bus, tram & train inside of Manchester.

ONLY if you are a resident of Greater Manchester otherwise it's just busses.

See below from the Transport for Manchester web site.

Holders of other Transport Authorities NCTP in England

How much will I have to pay to travel on buses in Greater Manchester?
With your NCTP, you can travel for free between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends and on public holidays on all local buses throughout England.

How much will I have to pay to travel on rail and Metrolink in Greater Manchester
You will have to pay the full fare for the journey you are taking. Only holders of Greater Manchester NCTP get any reduction on rail and Metrolink

top of page
More information

Marvin said:
If you can use it for free it will change my routine, otherwise I'll be walking. I'm too tight to spend a £1 on the bus so I am definitely not spending £1 or more on the tram, and I suspect it will be more

Still like to see it open though as it will help other people, and improve the area
Really £1.

You notice a pound? That is tight

The tram should be about twice as quick as the bus. As a comparison compare the journey from Altrincham to town, about 20 or so minutes on the tram, 45 minutes on the bus..

Senior citizens resident in Greater Manchester are eligible for the smartcard style National Concessionary Travel Pass that replaces the GMPTE free travel passes, which entitles the holder to travel free on local bus services throughout England, plus tram and train in Greater Manchester, between 9:30am and midnight Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and bank holidays.

From official site.

Lucky13 said:
The cookie monster said:
Lucky13 said:
How will the trams be any better than getting a bus , at present the 216 is every 10mins from Ashton , a twenty minute journey for £3.70 return.
20 mins with all them roadworks come on lucky.

It's a good 40.

Fair point , but how is the tram going to be any better?
About two thirds of the Ashton line will not be shared with traffic, so no congestion. Journey times will come down significantly.

how do they monitor anyone who hasnt paid on a match day? Must be hard to check 100's of fans.

Senior citizens resident in Greater Manchester are eligible for the smartcard style National Concessionary Travel Pass that replaces the GMPTE free travel passes, which entitles the holder to travel free on local bus services throughout England, plus tram and train in Greater Manchester, between 9:30am and midnight Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and bank holidays.

From official site.

Which is what I said, only senior citizens that are residents of Greater Manchester get free travel on trams. Others, like me who lives in Cheshire East, can only use buses for free.

SWSB said:
how do they monitor anyone who hasnt paid on a match day? Must be hard to check 100's of fans.
They've installed turnstiles at the stop entrances next to City Square. I'm guessing you won't be able to get through without a ticket.

Munkey Boy said:
Lucky13 said:
The cookie monster said:
20 mins with all them roadworks come on lucky.

It's a good 40.

Fair point , but how is the tram going to be any better?
About two thirds of the Ashton line will not be shared with traffic, so no congestion. Journey times will come down significantly.
But it wont beat a 12 min train journey into town for £3 will it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.