"Metrolink puts tram service on for football and music fans"

Why would anyone use the tram from the City centre to the Airport when there is a vastly quicker rail service from Oxford Road and Piccadilly? The tram link was always intended to transport the Airport workforce to and from South Manchester, not for journeys from the Centre.

The last train from Manchester to Stockport tonight is 23:37. Thirteen trains run after 22:00 from Manchester to Stockport today.

If you think that transport in Manchester is bad you should look at other Cities.
Merseyside is poor. There’s no tunnel bus late to the Wirral and the trains stop by Midnight. Taxis notoriously won’t go under the water because they can’t get a fare back.

As you’d expect, London was 24/7 and largely fine.

You can only run a certain number of trams on each stretch of track due to the power capabilities. A double uses more electricity than a single unit for instance.

They’re running as much as they can so trying to fit more trams in won’t work.
Ah ok, so it’s the power available which is the limiting factor is it, rather than anything else? Didn’t appreciate that.
So basically, that’s down to TfGM is it? Could the club influence/contribute to improving this situation??

When people draw up plans for new Arenas/Stadiums/housing estates is there no insistence that the architects and developers include discussions with TfGM and the traffic managers from the council before they present anything to the planning committee?
Or is that too much common sense for them?

My Stepmother used to say that a lot of folks had letters after their names and degrees etc and were brainy but they had no common sense!!

Ah ok, so it’s the power available which is the limiting factor is it, rather than anything else? Didn’t appreciate that.
So basically, that’s down to TfGM is it? Could the club influence/contribute to improving this situation??
As far as I have read, yes, this seems to be the main problem. Not sure if they can do anything about it. I’d also suspect that even if they could get them to run every 3 mins for instance that the chances of jams would increase anyway.

It needs new lines unfortunately but there’s nothing in the near future being discussed.

As far as I have read, yes, this seems to be the main problem. Not sure if they can do anything about it. I’d also suspect that even if they could get them to run every 3 mins for instance that the chances of jams would increase anyway.

It needs new lines unfortunately but there’s nothing in the near future being discussed.
In a perfect world, an upgrade of Ashburys and bringing that line by the athletics arena wouldn’t go amiss either. It’s not as if there isn’t already some infrastructure in place.
Where there’s a will and all that.

There'll have to be some infrastructure expansion at some point. There's talk of converting the Rose Hill Marple and Glossop / Hadfield lines to "tram trains", so all those trams have to go somewhere into and across the city.
There's either going to have to be some sort of underground running or more viaducts. Neither would be cheap, but I guess all that money earmarked for HS2 phase 2 has to be spent somewhere!
So far, it's only being spent in London.

JFK is actually really shit considering it’s the main airport for arguably the no. 1 city on the planet.

I’ve been to New York twice, flew to JFK once and Newark the other. Miles easier getting into the city from Newark.
The problem with Newark is ‘United’, I see the word emblazoned on the plane and I’m suddenly BA Baracus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.