Metrolink to / from Etihad

Lovebitesandeveryfing

I've walked the station to the stadium (and back) many times. In fact, I prefer it, rather than faffing around with the trams, then getting on them and being crushed to death.
At the end of the match, the mere time it's going to take you to walk from the SS to the tram station on the north side is going to be ten minutes picking your way through cross-currents of people. You're then going to queue for ten to fifteen minutes at the very least. You've lost twenty-five minutes before you've even got on a tram.
Although I'm in my late sixties, now, I'm a pretty brisk walker. What slows me down, if anything, is the crowds going back into town down the Ashton road. I reckon I can do it to Piccadilly in about 25 minutes, or 30 at the outside. Not infrequently, I've got a train to catch down to London (yes, I'm one of those!) so that motivates me no end. I've also got to pick up my bag at the left luggage (which is a rip off, if ever there was one).
I also believe that the exact route and ritual that I take is going to contribute somehow to the team's success. And I'm not in the least bit superstitious in any other respect!

Scaring Europe to Death

Everything about the stadium infrastructure was better when the capacity was 47,000, and night matches have become a lesson in frustration
There's a huge underused Park-and-Ride facility in Hazel Grove that would be ideal for all those fans on the East Cheshire/North Derbyshire/Peak District border, as opposed to crawling through heavy traffic,(with road works seemingly everywhere) or getting home at midnight, because the late kick off restricts our public transport.

A Tram Line would be ideal, but even a couple of post-match double decker buses pointing South, rather than towards Piccadilly, would be a small step in the right direction.

jrb

Bingo!

Here's your man. And if any of you can get a free round table invite only, you can ask him in person about the Metrolink matchday seevice

The head of Manchester's Metrolink service, Danny Vaughan, is among those who will be attending an industry roundtable on the future of transport and mobility, hosted by Netsells.

1636068487563.jpeg

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
Team supported
ABU & The Bus Wreckers
Metrolink is dogshit.

The lack of an increased service on City matchdays is disgraceful, and not running double units for an hour before and after the match is criminal.

They will only do something when somebody gets seriously injured.

UUJblue

I've walked the station to the stadium (and back) many times. In fact, I prefer it, rather than faffing around with the trams, then getting on them and being crushed to death.
At the end of the match, the mere time it's going to take you to walk from the SS to the tram station on the north side is going to be ten minutes picking your way through cross-currents of people. You're then going to queue for ten to fifteen minutes at the very least. You've lost twenty-five minutes before you've even got on a tram.
Although I'm in my late sixties, now, I'm a pretty brisk walker. What slows me down, if anything, is the crowds going back into town down the Ashton road. I reckon I can do it to Piccadilly in about 25 minutes, or 30 at the outside. Not infrequently, I've got a train to catch down to London (yes, I'm one of those!) so that motivates me no end. I've also got to pick up my bag at the left luggage (which is a rip off, if ever there was one).
I also believe that the exact route and ritual that I take is going to contribute somehow to the team's success. And I'm not in the least bit superstitious in any other respect!

The short cut via walkway near city square and beside the tramlink station that runs along the tram line can save 5-10 mins on Ashton road.

The path reconnects at holt town but saves a lot of time walking around the ground pushing past people and round to the main gate onto the road.

i guess it depends which exit you leave. Im usually A or B exit.

Txiki Blinders

Does anybody know anything about 3 trams being damaged by fans pre match on Wednesday night as I emailed Metrolink to tell them it was shocking before and after the game.. got a reply today saying 1 had roof damage, another had the doors kicked in and he never mentioned anything about the other, but they were all took out of service personally I think it's bullshit

staffsblue

Does anybody know anything about 3 trams being damaged by fans pre match on Wednesday night as I emailed Metrolink to tell them it was shocking before and after the game.. got a reply today saying 1 had roof damage, another had the doors kicked in and he never mentioned anything about the other, but they were all took out of service personally I think it's bullshit

The tram I was on to the ground had its roof damaged by Brugge supporters hammering on it. Arrived at Etihad Campus at 18.45ish.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.