Metrolink to / from Etihad

All seemed to work fine post match last night. A constant stream of specials back to Deansgate/ Trafford Bar between the Eccles scheduled trams so kept people moving.
The only weird thing pre match was that the specials were single trams (running Crumpsall to Etihad Campus I believe). Better than nothing I suppose, but single trams are hardly crowdbusters!

All the Eccles to Ashton and Altrincham to wherever they go trams seemed to be doubles all day yesterday, so that’s probably why they only had enough for singles elsewhere.

I did happen to overhear one Metrolink guy tell his mate that there were eight specials running after the game. So that’s something I suppose.

Had the misfortune of being on a tram to the match last night which filled up with pissed up / coked up Blues at St Peters Square. Whilst I have no issue with anyone enjoying themselves & having a bit of fun, this group were singing aggressively in the faces of non football fans & doing that annoying slapping the roof panels thing, almost to the extent of vandalising the tram. I'm sure if the tram had to be taken out of service as it was damaged they'd be the first to complain.
I think some of our support need to consider their behaviour when traveling to matches mixed in with normal people just wanting to get home from a hard day's work.

Dived on the tram this morning at the Etihad... annoyingly forgot to tap out at Pickled Lily. Day ticket, it is. Just remembered why I try to avoid the trams.

Aside from my own obvious error, the trams always seem rammed like a fish tank with little room to breath. I am convinced COVID-19's origins stem from a tram journey after a City game.

Had the misfortune of being on a tram to the match last night which filled up with pissed up / coked up Blues at St Peters Square. Whilst I have no issue with anyone enjoying themselves & having a bit of fun, this group were singing aggressively in the faces of non football fans & doing that annoying slapping the roof panels thing, almost to the extent of vandalising the tram. I'm sure if the tram had to be taken out of service as it was damaged they'd be the first to complain.
I think some of our support need to consider their behaviour when traveling to matches mixed in with normal people just wanting to get home from a hard day's work.
I had a group like that on the way home after the recent Leeds game. I was ignoring them until they started up with the “Runway” song, I gave it them with both barrels and fortunately they stopped. Not another passenger had the guts to rebuke them and I am 77 years old.

I had a group like that on the way home after the recent Leeds game. I was ignoring them until they started up with the “Runway” song, I gave it them with both barrels and fortunately they stopped. Not another passenger had the guts to rebuke them and I am 77 years old.

It seems like anti social behaviour around football has been normalised. It should be called out for what it is & be highlighted as unacceptable.

I seem to have acquired this run of bad luck of being on the exact carriage when the knobhead element of the opposing fans get on. This is generally at Picc gardens. Same stamp every time, early twenties, 8 or 10 in the group banging on the roof and singing a right load of shite. Complete halfwits. Saddens and infuriates me that we also have this element.

I've started parking at East Didsbury - and yesterday was delighted to find they had put on a tram direct to Etihad. By the time we came through the City Centre it was rammed - but with the numbers heading to games now - it is going to be.

However I haven't yet tried getting back on at Etihad - preferring the walk back to Piccadilly. I was surprised at the number of people who got off at Piccadilly - many of whom looked capable of a good walk - yet chose to queue for a game of sardines rather than enjoy the scenery down Ashton Old Road.

New ticketing system to make travel across Greater Manchester cheaper​

The new Bee AnyBus + Tram tickets – delivered by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) with support from Greater Manchester TravelCards Ltd (GMTL) – will make combined bus and tram travel around 20% cheaper compared with buying products separately and will launch on September 24, when the city region becomes the first area to begin to bring buses under local control for the first time in almost 40 years.

Bought through the new Bee Network app and other retail channels, it means unlimited journeys on any bus service and any chosen Metrolink zone for as little as £5.40. Unlimited travel on all buses and the entire Metrolink network – the largest tram system in the UK – will cost £7.80 if travelling off-peak, or £9.50 at peak times. In comparison, the average cost of just parking a car in Manchester city centre is £7 for two hours and £10.27 for three hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.