Metrolink to / from Etihad

Sounds like someone messed up. To be fair, I can understand closing stops before the stadium to avoid trams filling before they get to the stadium. However, that's not what you're describing.

This from tfgm's own website...

Tram

In order to safely manage crowds post-match, Holt Town, Velopark and Clayton Hall (towards the city centre) stops will be closed.

You can still get on the tram at the Etihad Campus stop, and Clayton Hall (towards Ashton) will remain open.
I've started walking to Clayton Hall and then tram to Ashton - so the earlier comments saying that wasn't possible was causing me a rethink for Wednesday - so that sounds better if they are going to stop Ashton-bound trains at Clayton Hall - but that is not what people actually experienced last Saturday (I went into town anyway)- so will still be left wondering what do.

It's quite a contrast with the Rags. For them, there is a Metrolink Matchday Season Ticket (not that it gains anyone anything), with a reminder that it can be used at any of the FIVE tram stops deemed to support their matches. None of the five stops have any enforced closures on matchdays and trams stop at all of them all of the time. There's none of this 'Holt Town, Velopark and Clayton Hall are closed' nonsense.
We also have a Metrolink Season Ticket - it gets you away quicker towards Manchester after the match.
They also have one stop closed (Imperial War Museum) after games, same as Velopark for us.

Was a joke Saturday as we got to the 216 bus stop it was to full so we walked up to clayton Hall tram stop metrolink workers stood there said it was shut ended up at the bus stop facing it rammed with blues getting soaked be easier for them just to put a sign up saying football fans not welcome on match day haha

We also have a Metrolink Season Ticket - it gets you away quicker towards Manchester after the match.
We have fast track tram tickets and haven't really been held at the barrier once this season. I think that the most we have waited for a tram after a match is five minutes.

Closing down even part of Clayton Hall is just plain stupid from Metrolink. Anything that helps to spread the dangerous overloading of the platforms at the Etihad post-match has to be a good thing. The service is already very poor and none of the tram information displays can be believed; closing stations is Metrolink management giving up.

It's quite a contrast with the Rags. For them, there is a Metrolink Matchday Season Ticket (not that it gains anyone anything), with a reminder that it can be used at any of the FIVE tram stops deemed to support their matches. None of the five stops have any enforced closures on matchdays and trams stop at all of them all of the time. There's none of this 'Holt Town, Velopark and Clayton Hall are closed' nonsense.

With the parking zone extensions as well, which are much more comprehensive than Trafford Council's around the Rags, I think that we all get Burnham's message.

Makes sense to me. They’ve got the facilities and the staff to manage large crowds at the Etihad stop. If the platforms get dangerously overcrowded then that is just poor organisation, as they can easily hold people back to avoid that, with the set up they’ve got there.

Having large numbers trying to squeeze on at the previous stop is potentially much more hazardous.

It’s incomparable to the situation at United. They have four different lines and probably about a dozen stops, all within easy walking distance.

We have fast track tram tickets and haven't really been held at the barrier once this season. I think that the most we have waited for a tram after a match is five minutes.

Is that the City tram season ticket, or something else?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.