Metrolink

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by didsburyblu, 9 Sep 2017.

1. Nascent Blues

Nascent Blues

Burn them...BURN THEM!

2. xgorton

xgorton

Don't walk back it's going to piss down tonight.

3. kippaxkid74

kippaxkid74

haha well yeah bonfire night is coming up after all..!

i guess i can let them off this time, he's 80 with a duff leg and it's going to piss down. I'm amazed they're coming at all!

4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Can he play left-back?

5. Techno

Techno

Thanks for the replies, think I'll stick to the motor tonight then! Shame they can't get it sorted with more trams, especially for night games. Cheers

6. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Several delays on the shite Metrolink at this moment in time.

Suggest anybody expecting to travelling by this method for tonight's match keeps checking their website.

7. Goater666

Goater666

Abysmal experience on the Met last night, mainly after the game. They sent a single Alty tram after that game from Piccadilly, which was obviously rammed. Looking at the signs it looked like they were running a 12 minute service as well ffs!

They have recently changed the service to run to Media City, which has made the service poorer imho.

How was everyone else's experience?

8. davealvers

davealvers

It is absolutely atrocious. They don’t even show the next tram on the electric signs as it will just piss everyone off seeing how long it will be. A Wednesday night in January. If they can’t get it right for that sort of time it says it all.

No through trams to Victoria is a joke too.

9. dark 'n stormy

dark 'n stormy

They actually put a double on direct from the Etihad to Alty after the game but it wasn’t advertised that they would do that. That makes more sense if they did that every game with singles starting at Picadilly.

10. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    The bunch of Clowns running this public transport system are on a par with Premier League referees.

The catchment area for MCFC fans to the south of Manchester is huge and this was born out by the overcrowding on the Altrincham to Etihad service, when it was operating.

Why they had to change it is completely baffling, yesterday there was a huge crowd at Cornbrook who had mainly come off the Altrincham tram and a single unit arrived from Eccles to continue on to Ashton.

After the match there was a tram at the Etihad signed for Altrincham, they never said they would run specials after the match and if they can do this why not before as well?

Needless to say I could not get on that tram and had to get on the next one going to Eccles, I left this at St. Peter's square as they suggested and the next tram to Altrincham was shown as being in 10 minutes.

As somebody has stated they were not running a 7 minute service.

There is no point bringing this up with Metrolink or MCFC as they both do not give a toss about match going fans, is it any wonder there are empty seats for mid-week night matches with ridiculous kick off times?