Metrolink

Taking an old fogey tonight (as well as my usual old fogey!) they want to get the tram back.. i've never used it before after a match. They want to go with 15 min to go (!) (i'm not, they will be without us 2) as they think they can get a tram before the whistle. So my question is with 15 to go would a tram be kept there waiting to fill up at full time, or would they send it anyway? Thanks.

Burn them...BURN THEM!

Thanks for the replies, think I'll stick to the motor tonight then! Shame they can't get it sorted with more trams, especially for night games. Cheers

Abysmal experience on the Met last night, mainly after the game. They sent a single Alty tram after that game from Piccadilly, which was obviously rammed. Looking at the signs it looked like they were running a 12 minute service as well ffs!

They have recently changed the service to run to Media City, which has made the service poorer imho.

How was everyone else's experience?

It is absolutely atrocious. They don’t even show the next tram on the electric signs as it will just piss everyone off seeing how long it will be. A Wednesday night in January. If they can’t get it right for that sort of time it says it all.

No through trams to Victoria is a joke too.

Abysmal experience on the Met last night, mainly after the game. They sent a single Alty tram after that game from Piccadilly, which was obviously rammed. Looking at the signs it looked like they were running a 12 minute service as well ffs!?

They actually put a double on direct from the Etihad to Alty after the game but it wasn’t advertised that they would do that. That makes more sense if they did that every game with singles starting at Picadilly.

The bunch of Clowns running this public transport system are on a par with Premier League referees.

The catchment area for MCFC fans to the south of Manchester is huge and this was born out by the overcrowding on the Altrincham to Etihad service, when it was operating.

Why they had to change it is completely baffling, yesterday there was a huge crowd at Cornbrook who had mainly come off the Altrincham tram and a single unit arrived from Eccles to continue on to Ashton.

After the match there was a tram at the Etihad signed for Altrincham, they never said they would run specials after the match and if they can do this why not before as well?

Needless to say I could not get on that tram and had to get on the next one going to Eccles, I left this at St. Peter's square as they suggested and the next tram to Altrincham was shown as being in 10 minutes.

As somebody has stated they were not running a 7 minute service.

There is no point bringing this up with Metrolink or MCFC as they both do not give a toss about match going fans, is it any wonder there are empty seats for mid-week night matches with ridiculous kick off times?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.