Metrolink

Someone had a quite nasty looking fall or medical episode leading to a fall
about half way down left hand steps leading to the platform after the match.

metrolink staff got to him very quickly, hope he recovered quickly

The steps are very dangerous and only worse when wet or Icey. They should just build ramps that zig zag down to the platform. Yet another cock up by Metrolink. I hope they read this and hope that person is ok.

There was a man unconscious on the steps leading to the platform for Piccadilly after yesterdays game .
Not sure if he tripped or just collapsed .
Does anyone know if he is ok .

Apparently it was a fall and he was injured as a result. This is a direct result of the idiots not being able to control the flow of people onto the platform. They close the gates and stop people going down the steps, they then realise there is still room on the tram so open them again, as a result people rush down the steps to get on the tram before it leaves. Week after week I have said it will result in injury. The service is awful, it is run by idiots at management level and controlled by idiots at the ground/Piccadilly.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but noticed that Metrolink now classify the City games as an EVENT and as such, they are now charging £4 back from the game. So a month ago, they put up the price by 1/3rd and yet classifying it an 'EVENT' do not lay on a bunch of extra trams. I travel up from the south for all games and travel to and from Piccadilly Station. After the Leicester game, the last train for london was leaving at 8.35pm. I left my seat immediately after the final whistle at 7.18pm and got in the queue by 7.23pm. I did not get onto a tram until 8.15pm and made the train by less than 2 minutes. So well over an hour from queue to Picc Station. Many previous occasions it has taken significantly longer.
Most of the metrolink staff appear to be clueless about how to get enough people on the platform in time for each train. The know well in advance how long the next tram is going to be and whether it is going to be a single or double, yet they never manage to get enough people on the platform and cause even more delays by waiting whilst they get a bunch more people.
Whatever excuses they state about the logistical problems for providing a bunch of double units waiting from the time each game ends, is just bollocks. But it seems they have never managed to provide any kind of a service that deals with the demands before and after the games and by sticking up the price by 1/3rd is just a 'fuck you', money grabbing piss take.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but noticed that Metrolink now classify the City games as an EVENT and as such, they are now charging £4 back from the game. So a month ago, they put up the price by 1/3rd and yet classifying it an 'EVENT' do not lay on a bunch of extra trams. I travel up from the south for all games and travel to and from Piccadilly Station. After the Leicester game, the last train for london was leaving at 8.35pm. I left my seat immediately after the final whistle at 7.18pm and got in the queue by 7.23pm. I did not get onto a tram until 8.15pm and made the train by less than 2 minutes. So well over an hour from queue to Picc Station. Many previous occasions it has taken significantly longer.
Most of the metrolink staff appear to be clueless about how to get enough people on the platform in time for each train. The know well in advance how long the next tram is going to be and whether it is going to be a single or double, yet they never manage to get enough people on the platform and cause even more delays by waiting whilst they get a bunch more people.
Whatever excuses they state about the logistical problems for providing a bunch of double units waiting from the time each game ends, is just bollocks. But it seems they have never managed to provide any kind of a service that deals with the demands before and after the games and by sticking up the price by 1/3rd is just a 'fuck you', money grabbing piss take.
That is news to me as I have a pass and do not buy a ticket.

But to charge that price for the appalling service they provide is a bloody disgrace and I think the Club should be more proactive with the twats at Metrolink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.