MICAH ....4 year deal .....

Falastur said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
MCFColly said:
Anyone remember the news that Yaya wanted out???? That got blown out the water

ITS BULLSHIT PAPER TALK AS PER...........
That was true. If Mancini hadn't gone, Yaya would have walked. 100%. It's no coincidence he signed a new deal on the day the board ratified the Mancini sacking.

Back on topic, my only concern about Micah is whether he has enough of a football brain for the level we're at now vis a vis his defensive duties. With the greatest respect to Jim Cassell, not many of his graduates have that crucial element. Personally I'd love him to stay though.

Players don't agree contract extensions in the space of a day. Often they spend weeks going forwards and backwards with the club. If Yaya signed an extension on the day Mancini got sacked, it'll be because he finalised his terms before he knew Mancini was even going.
Or because he knew it was a possibility, negotiated something but wouldn't sign until the board formally approved the sacking. Mancini was known to be at risk as soon as we went out of the CL without a single win. Some say the decision was taken then to sack him but my sources say the key decisions were only taken mid-March.

Quite a few of the players would admit that Mancini made them better players but that still doesn't mean they thought he was a good manager.

The cookie monster said:
goater1978 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
That was true. If Mancini hadn't gone, Yaya would have walked. 100%. It's no coincidence he signed a new deal on the day the board ratified the Mancini sacking.

Back on topic, my only concern about Micah is whether he has enough of a football brain for the level we're at now vis a vis his defensive duties. With the greatest respect to Jim Cassell, not many of his graduates have that crucial element. Personally I'd love him to stay though.

Don't think that's true. The rumours were yaya was one of the only players who was against Mancini being sacked. Yaya was someone that Mancini never criticised and always played him when he was fit.
Exactly
Didnt Ya Ya, Zab & Clichy go on the record and say Mancini had improved them and they owed him a lot...

There's a difference between coaching and managing, the two shouldn't be confused.

Imo Mancini is a fine defensive coach, one of the best in world football.

NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:
goater1978 said:
Don't think that's true. The rumours were yaya was one of the only players who was against Mancini being sacked. Yaya was someone that Mancini never criticised and always played him when he was fit.
Exactly
Didnt Ya Ya, Zab & Clichy go on the record and say Mancini had improved them and they owed him a lot...

There's a difference between coaching and managing, the two shouldn't be confused.

So are Pulis and Hughes if you count grinding out draws...

Bazzmand Show said:
rickmcfc said:
Can I ask a serious question, would we really miss Richards if he left? Always injured and never fully fit IMO. Surely getting a replacement would be better?

A fully fit Richards is one of the best RB's in the league.

A fully fit Santa Cruz would be one of the best strikers in the league ;)

acton28 said:
NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

Ridiculous.

I'm far from a Mancini fan being part of the infamous cabal but even I concede Mancini is an absolute mastermind when it comes to defensive coaching and tactics. Two seasons on the bounce the best defence, soon as he came in he tightened up the backline which leaked under Hughes.

Problem with Mancini is we played too negatively by worrying about counter attacks.

acton28 said:
NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

The words 'Hughes' and 'fine defensive coach' simply do not belong in the same sentence unless the words 'is as far as possible from being a' are between them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
acton28 said:
NipHolmes said:

The words 'Hughes' and 'fine defensive coach' simply do not belong in the same sentence unless the words 'is as far as possible from being a' are between them.

He even screwed QPR up by not signing players to make up a good backline. That was their main weakness.

NipHolmes said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
acton28 said:

He even screwed QPR up by not signing players to make up a good backline. That was their main weakness.

Think their 'main weakness' was signing a load of overpaid players who didn't give a flying fuck!

Hughes could have anyone in defence and they'd still be shit

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Bazzmand Show said:
rickmcfc said:
Can I ask a serious question, would we really miss Richards if he left? Always injured and never fully fit IMO. Surely getting a replacement would be better?

A fully fit Richards is one of the best RB's in the league.

A fully fit Santa Cruz would be one of the best strikers in the league ;)

human league, I assume? - or anti nowhere?...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.