Micah > jerome

not a full back in the slightest for me boateng.
he seems to heavy on his feet for wingers to nip the ball around him and nip past him, seems inagile too.
for me at cb, he could possibly be good, but not superb. richards or zab at rb before him for me.

Boateng is a much better defender than Micah and i thought he had a decent enough game last night without being great

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
PoolHustler said:
Not for me at the moment. His concentration is very poor and he can't cross a football for love or money.

Have another look at his cross for that Barry goal earlier in the season! Inch perfect!

I meant Richards mate, we all know Boateng can put a decent cross in :)

I thought he did more than well enough. Certainly very eager to get forward and play a bit, and solid enough as a defender. Seems a bit prone to getting caught a little bit out of position but Kolo Toure is great at organising the backline- JB's saving grace might be listening to what Toure is telling him where Mica has seemed reticent.

micha is the worst right back in the country and the whole of the premiership managers know it, the lad has no positional sence whatsoever in that position, everyman and his dog can see he wants to play centreback?
mansour's tow ropes said:
Micah needs to play at RB, or at least zabaleta when kolarov is fit.

Boateng looks completely lost at full back, standing off the player for ages sometimes or diving in and getting caught out.

And in terms of attacking, micah wins this all day long. With no real out-and-out ring midfielder/winger, we need the RB to be up and down that wing. Im sure micah has played a part in several of our goals this year. But boateng never runs down that wing, a couple of times last night silva was looking to the right (from the left) to play the ball, but boateng was nowhere to be seen, and micah would be there.

Boateng is not a full back, simple
as

Since I watched almost all games in WC I could, I know how good he is and have to be to make it into team Germany. For me it is Boateng>Micah any time of the day. Everytime Micah is trying to tackle someone inside penalty area, I almost get heart attack, but Boateng makes it look so easy and he is so calm doing everything, looks so confident.

Boateng played well and will get better. Micah at the moment is a liability, I have to close my eyes every time the ball goes near him. I do think Boateng will be a CB eventually instead of Kolo. A new, attacking RB is a must but at the moment I would play Zab there when Kolorov is fit.

Boateng is a much better tackler than Micah. Doesn't have the pace going forward but when Micah bursts forward 8 times out of 10 his lack of brainpower leads to it fizzing out and he is then often out of position. Boateng made some excellent tackles yesterday. This thread is unnecessary, our defence was pretty close to perfect yesterday, hence the "dominant" rags not even making Joe sweat once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.