Micah Richards Critique

It's a travesty that Micah isn't in the England set-up, especially when you consider who England took instead (phil Jones).

Micah has many possitives but still could do with working on a couple of things in his game, his first touch, gets past his man no problem he sometimes looses his head with the final ball and fails to look up for a pass...he should score miles more goals than he does. Although everyone say's his heading is great his attacking heading is very poor for his size.

I'm afarid his England career is over unless Mnacini can see he can be more thn just a right back, I'd like to see Micah fill in a centre half.

difference is that Micah has Mancini as a club manager who keeps encouraging him to improve every game; Johnson and Walker have managers that big them up whenever they are asked about them :)

Its a pickle for club and country, even though Micah is IMO as good a RB as we have in England, I personally think Zaba is better at the club level.

Be interesting to see who Bob favours next season or if he plans on rotating the two. If Micah cant get regular first team footy at City he is never going to get back in the England setup.

ABU inc GDR said:
It's a travesty that Micah isn't in the England set-up, especially when you consider who England took instead (phil Jones).

Micah has many possitives but still could do with working on a couple of things in his game, his first touch, gets past his man no problem he sometimes looses his head with the final ball and fails to look up for a pass...he should score miles more goals than he does. Although everyone say's his heading is great his attacking heading is very poor for his size.

I'm afarid his England career is over unless Mnacini can see he can be more thn just a right back, I'd like to see Micah fill in a centre half.
He has done, many times, even this season and did very well, cant remember who against though.

strongbowholic said:
Following on from a post in the General Forum regarding right backs for England, I thought it might be worth throwing on this part of the forum too...

I believe Micah is the best English Right Back currently. I think under Mancini he has come on in leaps and bounds. His positional awarenes has improved immensely, his attitude has improved immeasurably and he has bags of strength and speed as we already knew. He does not need the protection of a winger, although like any right back clearly appreciates having more options available as an outlet. His passing and crossing (again, in my opinion) have also improved a level or two. Overall, a solid defender, solid wing back.

So, can any of you experts point out what it is that is missing from his game that first Capello and now Hodgson saw that I can't?

I want to be clear, I am not looking for anyone to slag Capello off, slag Hodgson off or even slag Micah off (if there are those who don't think Micah is as good as I believe). I'm looking for real evidence of what it is he is lacking that prevents him getting into the England team.

It is totally baffling to me that Hodgeson and Capello didn't rate him.

They were wrong. He's a top drawer player, with no significant weaknesses in his game any more. There's a dull cliche become attached to him that he "switches off". It happens to players when they make one or two mistakes which are highlighted by pundits, or have a poor run of form. It's just nonsense that becomes fact because so many people trot the same cliche out.

I tell you what, we would have had that QPR game sewn up a long time before if he was playing. Watch the DVD, watch how many times Zabaleta wastes posession when we are bombarding them.

I feel really sorry for Micah.

[quote="Didsbury Da

I tell you what, we would have had that QPR game sewn up a long time before if he was playing. Watch the DVD, watch how many times Zabaleta wastes posession when we are bombarding them.

and we would'nt have won the league without his contribution...which is'nt even an opinion.

You hear that Micah is left out due to his lack of defensive discipline. I find this impossible to believe, he has made mistakes but since Mancini took over he has been class. Has he made more mistakes than Johnson, Jones, Kelly, Walker? I doubt it, City's whole defence has made less mistakes than Jones & Kelly.
Was it QPR or Blackburn where Kelly was brought off at half time after costing Liverpool a couple of goals and being incredibly lucky not to see red?

Then you hear that Mancini doesn't trust him in big games? What like Munich away? United away? He was carrying a knock at the end of the season, and Zabaleta was performing to a very high level as was the team, I doubt Mancini would have changed the starting xi in the closing stages of the season for anyone. (Ya Ya & Kompany excluded). Micah was integral in some very very big games.

There is a strong theory that Richards and Terry really do not get on, this would explain why the last two Terry fanatical managers have not picked him.

If anything proves to people that the decision is not football motivated, then Martin Kelly & Phil Jones sure should demsonstrate something odd is going on.

My bet, when Terry is banned for 3 years for his racist outburst, he will retire from England and Richards will miraculously be back in.

we seem to be disregarding Phil Jones and Chris Smalling in all this?

Pigeonho said:
BlueTG said:
I personally dont know, he's also good in the air and if people tell me one more time that Johnson is better attacking than Richards i'll go insane. Johnson had 1 goal and 0 assists or something in the league last season compared to Richard's 6 assists and 1 goal, so any omission shouldnt be based on attacking capabilities.

And he's probably the best right back in defense, part of the league's best defence.
I think that's it though, I think Hodgson looks at that and thinks he will go forward too many times, or that his game is based on going forward in the set up he plays for his club. I am baffled though as he was one of the outstanding players in the league last season.

Micah is still better defensively, just look at Sweden and most of Liverpool's season for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.