Micah Richards must stay

Ok I give in.

On one condition he is made to attend Soccer School at Astley School in Dukinfield, starts at 10am each Saturday morning, where he will be put with a qualified FA Coach Level 1 and will join the group of 8 years olds, for it it at this age they get taught the art of taking a Throw in, hopefully he might get fasttracked where by in 6 weeks he could be working on positioning at set pieces, and also running ' but get this.... with the ball' with the u15's.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:08 am --<br /><br />what an appalling post - if this is what City are in danger of becoming then give me the past and not the future - I am over 50 now and the one thing above all else I have enjoyed about being a BLUE has been the spirt, the decency and the sense of humour/humility of our FANS and if money and success means this kind of post/poster then it will not stop me being a BLUE but I just hope I do not have to sit too near to idiots like you in the ground.

We all have different views of players, but your comprehensive damning of players like Micah, Shaun and Stevie is a complete disgrace, your comment about "second rate academy players" is awful, and the last word of your post really sums you up

Your choice of name sums you up, bet its meant to be a joke, however something tells me it isn't.

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I'd keep hold of him for now because there's still a chance he can fulfill his potential. Needs to sort himself out though because he's a complete fucking clown at the moment and has been for a while now. He's little use to us in his current state, but I'd give him at elast another season to see if he bucks his ideas up

Problem is el hombre.. he spent to much time buking other things instead of his idea,s.. big time charlie now and inho a liability , rather keep nedum .He had enough chances ,these guys can only keep playing the acadamy product card so many times..move on i say

Yes I know he's a big time charlie now and a liability but people grow up and mature and when he does he could be a great asset for us. The question is will he mature soon enough before we give up on him and sell him or will he even mature enough at all?

He's only just turned 22 so I think he's worth persisting with for a little longer yet

allan harper said:
If we want to continue with mediocrity then he must stay.

Brilliantly summed up mate.

Times are changing...

We WILL go from a side with a losing mentality to one that wants to win everything...

Us as fans need to start thinking the same.

Dont be ashamed at wanting the very best and wanting to win!

blueinsa said:
allan harper said:
If we want to continue with mediocrity then he must stay.

Brilliantly summed up mate.

Times are changing...

We WILL go from a side with a losing mentality to one that wants to win everything...

Us as fans need to start thinking the same.

Dont be ashamed at wanting the very best and wanting to win!
This club is moving forward at warp speed if players carnt keep up, then forget being sentimental its time for them to move on.

ribbo said:
Surely the summer hasn't been that long.

Richards SWP Ireland absolute liabilities, I've a good memory goes back to Hamburg at Home; too many away games to want to relive where these 3 plus that other idiot Dunne costs us points and what would have been geniune Europe qualifications even before all the money arrived.

Too many blues on this site have misplaced loyalty to chancer players, our loyalty must be to the success of the club.

I guess we were all blues long before any current players arrived and will be long after theve gone.

We must hope we are not left with nowt again, and being sentimental about second rate academy players and the like will get in the way of us basking in a period of glory

While I understand he is surly far from what we need right now, Richards has potential. Keep him in the squad for 1 or 2 more years, then see if we need to cut the dead weight.

None of these players deficiencies are terminal. All if given the right situation can perform for a full season. At the moment they don't seem to adapt when they are asked to move positions or be out of their comfort zone. Which may come from being trained at the same club for the last 15 years of their lives.

This can just take time and can be sorted. Why did Ireland have such a good year season before last? He was put in his perfect position and struck up a passing partnership with Robinho. Two like minded footballing brains, they were telepathic at times....then.....Robinho gets dropped and Ireland's asked to move position and it doesn't work. It doesn't make him a bad player. I could easily see Ireland and Silva having a similar thing.

Same with Richards, was amazing at times at CB when Sven was here. 1-0 Derby anyone?? Moved to rightback moved back to CB, back to rightback, we just don't help them out.

All of these players will go to another club and there will be thread after thread on this board of people saying 'why the hell did we sell him'.

Richards and Ireland for sure and probably SWP and Onouha are good enough to be part of a title winning squad.

allan harper said:
This club is moving forward at warp speed if players carnt keep up, then forget being sentimental its time for them to move on.

Fuck all to do with sentimentality. The lad has potential and he proved this with some superb performances under Pearce and Sven

The Fat el Hombre said:
allan harper said:

Fuck all to do with sentimentality. The lad has potential and he proved this with some superb performances under Pearce and Sven

Poor technically and lacks the football brain that could make him a top notch player.

He stood out for us because we had nothing else.

Squad player at best from now on and i honestly feel that his future lies away from us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.