Micah Richards must stay

MadchesterCity said:
PistonBlue said:
That's a strange thing to say. What do you mean?

It sounds like you're not surprised because you agree with many of the doubts about Micah's ability, but that you think we should make allowances because he came through the academy.

Well there always seems to be so much negativity around Micah when I read posts on Bluemoon about him.

IMO he is capable of being a fantastic player and so many on here are so quick to diss him

"bling"
"An athlete"
"too physically strong"
"Physical attributes, but nothing else. Over-developed and over-hyped."
"bullied younger players"
"no pain threshold"
"complete fucking clown"
"never shown that he has a footballing brain or the ability to develop as a player"

Also shocked by the amount of comments dissing our youth system yet all the uproar about our rating on goal.

Lets look at that list and how a top coach could change them into positive attributes and make him into a similar player to Maicon (why not)

"bling" - full of confidence and likes to brag Top players need to be confident and believe they are the best - they grow from this confidence and this strikes fear in opponents

"An athlete" + "too physically strong"
"Physical attributes, but nothing else. Over-developed and over-hyped."
"bullied younger players"
- Strong as an Ox = FACT
- fast as a Cheetah = FACT
- Leep of a gazelle = FACT
- Brave and throws hiomself into headers and challenges
who gives a shit about hype! - afetr all it's partially our fault

"no pain threshold"
- don't believe this to be the case and think he would not throw himself into so many challenges if this was the case

"clown"
- direspectful
- big feet must be a good attribute though ;>

"Lacks determination"
- top mangers motivate and I dont believe he lacks motivation

I dont judge any players from where they came from - just where they can go!

This lad can go straight to the top and I hope that is with us!

Micah if you are reading - you have something to prove

Well if you are disappointed in the comments about him - that disappointment should be aimed at Richards as he is the cause of them - I am one of those that believe he has had many chances to prove how good he is and he has.

Unfortunately that is not good enough for our 1st team and probably not our squad - and we have no space for carrying him anymore

Looking at the new video interview with Micah on the OS, I get the feeling he is not that confident ahead of this season. Whenever they talk about new players, difficulties of making the starting XI and so on, I think he looks a bit worried. As he should be considering Mancini has bought one of the most promising defenders in world in Boateng who does his job best at the right.
I'd be very worried if I were Micah.

unexpected item said:
Long video interview with him on the OS today http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/UK-Micah

Just watched this and TBH i don't think I have ever been more impressed with Micah, he seems to have grown up massively and has a real confidence and maturity now which has definately been lacking (Dont mistake confidence with cockyness) hopefully this will work its way onto the field, he seems like he knows he will need to up his game so lets hope he does!!

Too many players have had it easy for too long. I love Micah and his potential is huge, but the lad needs a constant rocket up his arse. Hopefully thats Boateng because those two could be the heart of our defence for years to come.

Micah is a quality young talent, fast, powerful, can tackle, head and run with the ball and score goals!! quality young defender and after this world cup he will be a good international for the next 10 years. dont understand why he gets so much abuse. The best player to come out of our academy in ages and i include Ireland who is a 1 season wonder, good player but not the future that richards has, he needs to stay

Mikey77 said:
Micah is a quality young talent, fast, powerful, can tackle, head and run with the ball and score goals!! quality young defender and after this world cup he will be a good international for the next 10 years. dont understand why he gets so much abuse. The best player to come out of our academy in ages and i include Ireland who is a 1 season wonder, good player but not the future that richards has, he needs to stay

C'mon Mikey77,,,,that's you Micah isn't it?

If not!!!!!

to borrow a phrase from the angling world,'all the gear,no idea'. he would make a formidable c/f in the lower leagues where all they do is wait for a high ball and then pile in. Like a lot of academy products,seems incapable of reading situations early,relying on pace to save the situation.At the highest level every player has to contribute,with and without the ball. I dont believe he doesnt do his best physically,thats the easy part,but the thinking side? you either have it or you dont

His recent comments in his US diary were encouraging. He said Mancini gets involved more hands on with the tactical side of things on the training pitch. Maybe Micah has found a coach he can learn from.

I think the problem with Micah has been two things really.

A) He came through too fast. He shown awesome potential and given how long he's been around the first team, people are frustrating that he isn't fulfilling / realising his potential and being consistently in great form and an asset to this team. He's got it within him to be a cracking player and this leads me nicely onto my next point.

B) His position sense. I remember a long debate on here which was really enjoyable as to whether this is natural to a player or whether you can learn it and I can't remember the eventual outcome. The problem is that he's a liability when it comes to that, it's the biggest weakness in his game, even more so than his attitude for which he gets widely criticised.

In my opinion he can be the biggest twat off the field as long as when he crosses that white line and steps onto the Eastlands pitch he does the business and that goes for any player. Like I said, amazing amount of potential and has a great chance of being in the England team, if he gets his head down and back to his best then he'll be a sure fire bet for it. I don't know, it's very much up to the player and how he goes about the next step in his career. It's up to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.