Micah Richards must stay

The Fat el Hombre said:
I'd keep hold of him for now because there's still a chance he can fulfill his potential. Needs to sort himself out though because he's a complete fucking clown at the moment and has been for a while now. He's little use to us in his current state, but I'd give him at elast another season to see if he bucks his ideas up
He's not focused (which someone might be able to fix) but more importantly he's never shown that he has a footballing brain or the ability to develop as a player. Like most of our academy products.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I'd keep hold of him for now because there's still a chance he can fulfill his potential. Needs to sort himself out though because he's a complete fucking clown at the moment and has been for a while now. He's little use to us in his current state, but I'd give him at elast another season to see if he bucks his ideas up
He's not focused (which someone might be able to fix) but more importantly he's never shown that he has a footballing brain or the ability to develop as a player. Like most of our academy products.

I agree. He's breezed through the age groups bullying much smaller players and now he can't just rely on his size and he has to think about the game he's totally lost.

Granted, when he burst on to the scene he was amazing at times but no matter what he says, he is bulkier now (not fat but musclebound) and that sharpness and brilliant accelleration that we so often saw him use to get him out of sticky situations at the back (normally his own doing) has long gone.

It doesn't give me any pleasure to say I wouldn't shed any tears if he leaves. If he comes back to 'haunt' us then fair play, but we can't win the league with a right back who can't get up and down the pitch and can't cross a ball to save his life or a centre back who can't concentrate and has no idea about postional play.

Now this is just going to make it sound like I'm picking on him but.......has anyone else noticed that he seems to have absolutely no pain threshold? I've lost count of the times I've seen him on the deck seemingly out for the season, only to go off for treatment and be right as rain the next minute.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Richards is a poor footballer, always has been.

Positionally and tactically. Only last season there was a piece with Neil Warnock, then at Palace, saying to Victor Moses that Richards was garbage.

If that's the opinion of a two-bob, what do you think Wenger and Ferguson tell their much better players?

As others have stated, you only have to cite Richards, to see why England are a disaster.

Physical attributes, but nothing else. Over-developed and over-hyped.

The bit about England mate, you are spot on. And it starts at grass roots. I have been a part of kids football for many, many years and I have seen it for myself. The bigger, faster, stronger players are always picked ahead of the "gifted", slighter players. Its a shame, but thats the way it is. And until this attitude changes England, I am afraid, will remain screwed.

And as for the OP, I dont really care is Richards leaves. He is going to take a lot of coaching to turn into any type of top class defender that can read the game. Shame

Agree about CB thing, always thought that.

Disagree about the England problem. Xavi and Iniesta would struggle to get noticed in the first place in England. They'd spend the majority of the season with stiff necks from watching the ball fly over their heads. 3 players making it doesn't do anything to disprove my theory as we don't know how many better players haven't made it. In any case SWP, like Lennon and Walcott is exceptionally fast, which again is something which stands out at Junior level.

There's no genetic reasoning behind England not being able to produce technically gifted players. Watching the World Cup was embarrassing because even the lower ranked teams such as South Korea had much better collective technical ability than England. I can only make the assumption that the technically great players are getting lost somewhere in the hustle and bustle of wet and windy junior and amateur football.[/quote]

I think your missing what i said. It is just not possible for Joe Cole et al to get spotted yet Xavi and Iniesta don't. That passing, awareness and movement would also be spotted. Wilshire has none of the things you say an English player has to have, he's not lightning, he's not tall, he's not built. He's there because he's technically good. The players are just not there.

There is also no genetic reason why Spain have found these gems either, they are trained better, not chosen better.

So for me Richards is faaaaaar from being too shit to train into a good player.

PistonBlue said:
MadchesterCity said:
I'm not surprised but dissapointed on the opinions of many about Micah.

That's a strange thing to say. What do you mean?

It sounds like you're not surprised because you agree with many of the doubts about Micah's ability, but that you think we should make allowances because he came through the academy.

Well there always seems to be so much negativity around Micah when I read posts on Bluemoon about him.

IMO he is capable of being a fantastic player and so many on here are so quick to diss him

"bling"
"An athlete"
"too physically strong"
"Physical attributes, but nothing else. Over-developed and over-hyped."
"bullied younger players"
"no pain threshold"
"complete fucking clown"
"never shown that he has a footballing brain or the ability to develop as a player"

Also shocked by the amount of comments dissing our youth system yet all the uproar about our rating on goal.

Lets look at that list and how a top coach could change them into positive attributes and make him into a similar player to Maicon (why not)

"bling" - full of confidence and likes to brag Top players need to be confident and believe they are the best - they grow from this confidence and this strikes fear in opponents

"An athlete" + "too physically strong"
"Physical attributes, but nothing else. Over-developed and over-hyped."
"bullied younger players"
- Strong as an Ox = FACT
- fast as a Cheetah = FACT
- Leep of a gazelle = FACT
- Brave and throws hiomself into headers and challenges
who gives a shit about hype! - afetr all it's partially our fault

"no pain threshold"
- don't believe this to be the case and think he would not throw himself into so many challenges if this was the case

"clown"
- direspectful
- big feet must be a good attribute though ;>

"Lacks determination"
- top mangers motivate and I dont believe he lacks motivation

I dont judge any players from where they came from - just where they can go!

This lad can go straight to the top and I hope that is with us!

Micah if you are reading - you have something to prove

MadchesterCity said:
Micah Richards must stay.

For all the transfers that we are linked with this is the one I want to happen most

Know doubt I will get slated for this but believe this would be a big mistake to sell him.

This would be ridiculous if we sell to Spurs.

I would rather we sold Bellamy, Onouha and Ireland if we need to trim the squad.

The player from up north who harry said he looked at signing but had the wrong attitude and was last at trainin and first out and askin for far to much money, i wounder who that was! the guys a prick!!
p.s the reason i say this is at a player of the year signing a couple of years back he was sat with gelson fernandes makin jokes between themselves about a disabled kid gettin stuff signed he has no respect!!!

g180aj said:
MadchesterCity said:

For all the transfers that we are linked with this is the one I want to happen most

Know doubt I will get slated for this but believe this would be a big mistake to sell him.

I would rather we sold Bellamy, Onouha and Ireland if we need to trim the squad.

The player from up north who harry said he looked at signing but had the wrong attitude and was last at trainin and first out and askin for far to much money, i wounder who that was! the guys a prick!!
p.s the reason i say this is at a player of the year signing a couple of years back he was sat with gelson fernandes makin jokes between themselves about a disabled kid gettin stuff signed he has no respect!!!

I think Paddy and Bobby will give Micah a kick up the arse when it comes to training.
Micah also knows that he has to bust his ass or he will be sitting on the bench with the fierce competition we have for places.

Well if true that is dissapointing, but are you sure that was what he was laughing at?

g180aj said:
MadchesterCity said:

You interpret things how you want to.

i have only met him twice and both very briefly , for a photo and a 2 min chat, and he came across well, spoke well, loved City and had all the time in the world for the autograph hunters and fans.

I guess we'll all just have to agree to disagree, but he'll get my support whenever he's on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.