Micah Richards the pundit

I liked the fact Souness was struggling abit to find the words, but he did it anyway.
A difficult subject to approach, like you said live on air more so, but when he said “what can I do?”, I thought that said a lot about him.
It can be a difficult subject to get across as I’ve found out earlier on another thread!! but I thought souness did well given the topic, Micah was fantastic on the subject

I really think there are places that sport shouldn't go and politics is one. I sympathise with Micah and all of those asked to comment because they aren't experts on the sociology of racism. They are supposed to be experts on football. Broadcasters just shouldn't go there in my opinion.

That would be fine if it were about politics but it's not, it's about equality and the players have made it clear that they also back the 'black lives matter' equality campaign. Sport shouldn't ignore it because sport can have a huge positive influence.

Micah did a great job tonight as he did the other night and so did Souness, long may it continue. They need more brilliant pundits like Micah, who don't skirt around issues and give their honest opinion.

That would be fine if it were about politics but it's not, it's about equality and the players have made it clear that they also back the 'black lives matter' equality campaign. Sport shouldn't ignore it because sport can have a huge positive influence.

Micah did a great job tonight as he did the other night and so did Souness, long may it continue. They need more brilliant pundits like Micah, who don't skirt around issues and give their honest opinion.

Except 'Black Lives Matter' has a political agenda. Go to their website and they'll tell you what it is: defunding police, historical revisionism etc etc.

Anyone who thinks Black Lives Matter is just an innocent slogan is naive --- and that's the problem.

It was the presenter who was pushing the "Foden on loan" issue, neither Souness nor Micah seemed especially keen on the idea, they just responded with a few comments. Both Micah and Ben Mee were spot on with regard to the plane banner.

The pundits were fine for a change, just needed Spitty out of the commentary team and it would have been perfect.

Except 'Black Lives Matter' has a political agenda. Go to their website and they'll tell you what it is: defunding police, historical revisionism etc etc.

Anyone who thinks Black Lives Matter is just an innocent slogan is naive --- and that's the problem.
Says the man who thinks Micah Richards is just a pundit who shouldn’t comment on racism as he won’t understand the sociology of it.........

I'm a simple person. Sport is one thing, politics is another - never the twain shall meet

Says the man who thinks Micah Richards is just a pundit who shouldn’t comment on racism as he won’t understand the sociology of it.........

Woman actually.

I'm actually defending Micah. He can obviously talk about his own experiences of racism if he wants to, but I don't know that he does want to. He's being asked to comment by the broadcaster on these issues and I have no idea why. It doesn't improve the spectacle or our appreciation of the game one bit.

I think the premierleague has erred with support for Black Lives Matter, unaware of the political context and I think players, fans, sponsors and broadcasters do likewise. That's just my opinion. Don't bring politics into sport. Stick to football. I didn't realise that would be such a contentious and controversial view for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.