Micah Richards the pundit

I just saw he was trending on Twitter. Thought people would be slagging him off but actually the complete opposite. Most people saying they love him and will be the highlight of BBC’s coverage.

He kept repeating on Sky & the BBC that Sergio was a terrible trainer at City over a decade ago, which was getting abit tiresome. Whereas other pundits were giving eulogies and praise in summarising Aguero's career and record breaking contribution to the EPL.
But wasn't he following up with "...but when he was on the pitch....."

How many of the other pundits trained with him?

I just saw he was trending on Twitter. Thought people would be slagging him off but actually the complete opposite. Most people saying they love him and will be the highlight of BBC’s coverage.
I don't think him being on BBC is the issue. It isn't all "bantz" on there. It is when he is paired with Spitty or Keane that is the issue

Mica is and always has been a clown. He likes to joke, laugh and have fun.
I just adore the fact he is a highly paid and knowledgable ex-player who can smile and show his personality but who, when needed, will show his serious side and make relevant comments. No bad thing I think!
Shearer, rarely cracks a smile, Kean, Mr Angry, Crooks, Mr nobody but Spurs will do, Mr Spitty, The rag Dwarf,Hinchcliffe.... the list goes on!
Mica is one of the few who will defend city, who will join us in the fun when we win.
Please don`t tell me anyone here doesn`t have banter with mates after we thrashed the rags or dippers or Spuds!
We are all similar in that respect. We love our club, will defend them, enjoy them and have banter at the expense of others.... Just look at how he takes the piss out of Mr Spitty and tell me you don`t like that!

I just got a notification saying a recent post of mine in this thread had been deleted. I praised Micah, but said I felt he should have called out Keane during their conversation about Haaland. I then said I agreed with Bernstein in that Keane shouldn't be so well accepted in the football community.

Not sure what, if anything is offensive about that. Please can one of the mods explain why my post was deleted?

Not for me, never listen to him. Typical that finally we get a pro City pundit we end up getting is a jokester who cant be taken seriously. Fine if you just want to listen to banter between him and spitty but I'd rather listen to some good analysis.

I just got a notification saying a recent post of mine in this thread had been deleted. I praised Micah, but said I felt he should have called out Keane during their conversation about Haaland. I then said I agreed with Bernstein in that Keane shouldn't be so well accepted in the football community.

Not sure what, if anything is offensive about that. Please can one of the mods explain why my post was deleted?
Nothing was offensive about your post, the post you quoted referred to Roy Keane three times - only the poster didn't type "Roy Keane" on any of those three occasions. Instead the poster chose to type a word commonly associated (and not appropriate) with an Irish traveller - which lead to a thread ban and all subsequent quoted posts being deleted.

Nothing was offensive about your post, the post you quoted referred to Roy Keane three times - only the poster didn't type "Roy Keane" on any of those three occasions. Instead the poster chose to type a word commonly associated (and not appropriate) with an Irish traveller - which lead to a thread ban and all subsequent quoted threads being deleted.

Ah ok, thanks mate!

I like him. I think he is knowledgeable and is getting better at putting that across every time he is on. His use of cliches is reducing and he is able to draw effectively from his personal experiences. But most of all he is enjoying himself and the other pundits genuinely seem to like him and enjoy his company. Honestly, what is not to like about that?

I think we all know what we get with Micah. If you want studied, serious analysis then he's probably not going to be your guy. I did get the feeling watching him last night that his role is to be the fall guy for the jokes doing the rounds from Lineker. If he's ok with that then fair enough but sometimes it feels all a bit 'staged'. He does have a lot of recent relevant experience of playing with some of the Villa guys and of playing under Mancini so he's more relevant in that sense that Shearer, Jenas etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.