Micah Richards & Zabba to get contract extensions

black mamba said:
ManCitizens. said:
black mamba said:
Pablo Zabaleta would have had to have been the most unfortunate man on Earth if he HADN'T of been offered an extension to his contract , after his performances last season ......

and Micah Richards should probably count himself amongst the most fortunate !

Why's that?

This is/was an England international who's only put in 90 club appearances in the last four seasons , in all competitions ..... there were 152 league games alone during that period , without including all the many various cup games over that time ........ he's missed far too many games , and he knows it , that's why his England place went , in the main.

For where we want to be we want people out there doing the business on a regular basis , we are at the top table now , and only 8 appearances last season (albeit due to injury again) wasn't good enough ....... it's just as well that Pablo proved a reliable deputy.

Richards is lucky that the heirachy at the club , in it's present mood , haven't decided that they can just get by with Zabalata and Maicon !

If he and Zaba both remained fit for those 4 years then i'd suspect one of them would want to move on. Instead we have 2 top class right backs, with different attributes that can be used depending on the opposition.

On top of that, he's pretty much our only home grown player currently anywhere near the first team. Our aim is to have a squad that is 50% home grown, logic would suggest we wouldn't sell him.

ManCitizens. said:
coulsonblue said:
TGR said:
Not in my book. Zab is better at defending, getting forward and most importantly he stays fit.

Biggest misnomer in football.

Zabaleta is pretty terrible at defending at times particularly counter-attacks. He dives in and is easily skipped past. (as is kompany)

Richards is black though so I suppose he will be criticised more.

WTF are you on about?

Sorry I think this is an totally outrageous statement to make, not to mention utterly baseless and hopefully the Mods will address it.

black mamba said:
coulsonblue said:
black mamba said:
Not much good though if he's hardly ever there !

He's had 1 big injury but is back and fresh for new season.

Last season he was nearly fit for the whole campaign.

If would be an issue if he was constantly injured with different niggles ala Rodwell.

Five seasons ago he put in 49 appearances , all comps .... he's got nowhere near that level in the past four seasons , he knows he's not !

There is also something called squad rotation.

Richards has been overlooked at England level for Glen Johnson and Phil Jones. Wrongfully according not just to biased City fans like me.

Johnson was at fault for the RoI goal on Wednesday.<br /><br />-- Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 pm --<br /><br />
bluemurray said:
ManCitizens. said:
coulsonblue said:
Biggest misnomer in football.

Zabaleta is pretty terrible at defending at times particularly counter-attacks. He dives in and is easily skipped past. (as is kompany)

Richards is black though so I suppose he will be criticised more.

WTF are you on about?

Sorry I think this is an totally outrageous statement to make, not to mention utterly baseless and hopefully the Mods will address it.

So the mods with address it will they?

It's not allowed to express the opinion that Richards is held up for more ferocious criticism than our white members of the team (such as Barry, Milner), just like Balotelli was.

Subconscious racism. It does exist, even if you try to "address it" out of social conscience.

coulsonblue said:
black mamba said:
coulsonblue said:
He's had 1 big injury but is back and fresh for new season.

Last season he was nearly fit for the whole campaign.

If would be an issue if he was constantly injured with different niggles ala Rodwell.

Five seasons ago he put in 49 appearances , all comps .... he's got nowhere near that level in the past four seasons , he knows he's not !

There is also something called squad rotation.

Richards has been overlooked at England level for Glen Johnson and Phil Jones. Wrongfully according not just to biased City fans like me.

Johnson was at fault for the RoI goal on Wednesday.

-- Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 pm --

bluemurray said:
ManCitizens. said:
WTF are you on about?

It's not allowed to express the opinion that Richards is held up for more ferocious criticism than our white members of the team (such as Barry, Milner), just like Balotelli was.

Subconscious racism. It does exist, even if you try to "address it" out of social conscience.

Is that why 100% of City fans prefer Clichy to Kolarov? I could go on you fool.

Micah's improved but it's only in the last 18month he's felt the need to even offer a block with his leg when shadowing and looking at an opposing player obviously setting himself to cross the ball...for a fullback that's worse than shit. I was'nt really suprised to hear his knees had gone, he dont do the twist well at all, though he's proficient at straight line action. Zabs a fullback in his head (the fact he can do a better than bonny job on the left should be chalked up).

coulsonblue said:

Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on here. Absolute fucking horseshit.

stony said:
coulsonblue said:

Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on here. Absolute fucking horseshit.

Agreed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.