Michael Brown

Fantastic player, Joey Barton without a chip or twitter.
A poor man's Nigel de Jong.
Midfield enforcer meets midfield El Ba$t@rd0. Good player but no longer could cut it in Prem League.

I remember some protest outside the Main Entrance at Maine Rd in the days of despair. I can't remember what led up to it. All the protests merge into one, but Gary Owen came out and ignored all the waiting fans, and then Michael Brown came out and apologised and commiserated with all the waiting fans. I've always liked him since then.

There was a time when he looked a very decent footballer too

Marvin said:
I remember some protest outside the Main Entrance at Maine Rd in the days of despair. I can't remember what led up to it. All the protests merge into one, but Gary Owen came out and ignored all the waiting fans, and then Michael Brown came out and apologised and commiserated with all the waiting fans. I've always liked him since then.

There was a time when he looked a very decent footballer too
I saw him in the play off semi final at the City Ground when he was at Sheffield United in 2003 and he was immense. Looked like a Premier League player which in all fairness he became soon after.

Didsbury Dave said:
petrusha said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You're right. I remember it well. I was at bramall lane that day and he bossed the game and went mad when he scored, too. Bad day. Was it the season we were relegated under royle?

It was the 1999-2000 promotion season when we got to the Prem. IIRC, he played centre midfield with Jeff Whitley in the play off final in May '99, with Cooke on the right and Horlock on the left. But he never really got a look in during the next season and had already been on loan at Pompey by the time we sold him to Sheff U round the turn of the year.

Because Royle achieved two successive promotions, his decisions at the time weren't really questioned. Brown wasn't the best player we ever had, but we'd have done better to keep him rather than sell him and buy Tony Grant for the exact same fee. Grant was a pretty underwhelming buy, to be honest.
That's right. And in the play off final he had a dreadful game. When he was substituted he looked devastated.

Tony grant. Jesus. Tony tramp the players called him. Unquestionably keeping brown would have been the right thing to do. Grant didnt even get many games that season. Brown was a very good player in his prime, at sheff united and spurs. I've a feeling we may have been linked with buying him back at some stage.

I was told he developed a hatred for city after we moved him on, even though he mixed in what might be described at pro-city south Manchester circles.
TWATS!!!

Have you any idea how long it took me to banish that name from my memory and in one fell swoop you re-open deep, psychological wounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.