michael gomez

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Pigeonho said:
Never really took much notice of his fights to be honest. I live in New Moston so concentrated more on Farnell and now Crolla, Gomez lives/lived in Moston and whilst there's not much difference geographically, the boozers you go in and people you know obviously determine who you follow more. Farnell lives on our street too, or at least he used too. Crolla lives opposite my folks, nice lad. Hope he makes it.
Looking at this trailer, it certainly looks like Gomez has lead a colourful life! Whens the film out? Just 'IMDBd' it, but nothing on there.
never rated farnell overated imo.
Yeah, think he was in the shadow of Hatton too much, publicity wise too, not just ability.
He's still in the game though, he had a Gym, (Arnie's, as i'm sure you're aware), on Church Lane but its gone now. Still see his van with the logo on though so not sure if he relocated it?

Pigeonho said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
never rated farnell overated imo.
Yeah, think he was in the shadow of Hatton too much, publicity wise too, not just ability.
He's still in the game though, he had a Gym, (Arnie's, as i'm sure you're aware), on Church Lane but its gone now. Still see his van with the logo on though so not sure if he relocated it?
I thought he was taking over brian hughes's place pige.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Pigeonho said:
Right I see. It was the worst location he could've put a gym there on Church Lane. Everything that opens there fails. Someone has just opened a designer clothes shop there. I give it till xmas, tops!

Pigeonho said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Right I see. It was the worst location he could've put a gym there on Church Lane. Everything that opens there fails. Someone has just opened a designer clothes shop there. I give it till xmas, tops!
i'll give it till 10 tonight after you advertising it hahaha.

gazinho said:
Do you know Crolla pidge? What do you reckon to his chances in the future? I go out with him now and again hes a top lad.
Only to let onto mate, he's quite a bit younger than me I think. His folks moved onto my folks street years ago, long before he was a boxer. Had a chat with him around May time. Really down to earth lad, always says hello.
As for his chances, I watched a fight of his earlier in the year. Can't remember his name but he was a big name a few years ago. He looked good then so if he keeps it up and keeps his head down, he should go far. His folks are good people too, which helps.

Yeah I saw the fight can't for the life of me remember who he fought it'll come to me later on! Like you say though he's got a good head on his shoulders if he keeps working hard he'll get his shot. Craig Watson lives round our way aswell I was talking to him last weekend and he genuinely believes he should be getting the fights Matty hatton is being put forward for but I suppose it's a case of who you know really!

gazinho said:
Yeah I saw the fight can't for the life of me remember who he fought it'll come to me later on! Like you say though he's got a good head on his shoulders if he keeps working hard he'll get his shot. Craig Watson lives round our way aswell I was talking to him last weekend and he genuinely believes he should be getting the fights Matty hatton is being put forward for but I suppose it's a case of who you know really!
I can't pretend i'm well up on boxing, as I watch fights rarely. I know a few people who are into it quite a bit though and the feeling is Matthew Hatton gets fights, basically off of his brother's name. Reminds me of Ian and David Brightwell!! Michael Brodie is who he beat, and it was last year.... Told you I know nothing about Boxing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.