Michael Gove

Hate is a strong word, which I don't like to use. But I hate this disgusting man. He is stealing education from our children and he insults teachers (some of the hardest-working - not to mention underpaid - people in the country) on a regular basis. He ignores all the evidence about what constitutes an effective education system and just does what he wants. And this is invariably insane, dangerous nonsense.

bluethrunthru said:
Constantly messing with my kids education - appears to want to mould the system in a fashion that suits his vision of what state education should be whereas really prefers private education anyway

All this is done without - as far as I can see - any qualification or experience that makes me believe he can know what the fuck he is doing. Not the first education secretary to do this - Kenneth Baker fucked my schooling up for me - but I fail to see how we can compete in the world economy when we entrust the laying of the foundations to somebody who yet again is making it up as he goes along.....

Show me any government in the last 40 years that hasn't used education as a politcal football?
Its wrong I agree - but its how it is.
At least Gove is trying to improve standards. You only need to look how badly UK children have slipped back when compared to other countries to realise that something has to be done. He may not be perfect but at least he's trying.

-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 am --

BimboBob said:
I don't know a teacher who likes him.

Which is exactly why I like him.

Show me any government in the last 40 years that hasn't used education as a politcal football?
At least Gove is trying to improve standards. You only need to look how badly UK children have slipped back when compared to other countries to realise that something has to be done. He may not be perfect but at least he's trying.

ha ha ha. classic trolling

TGR said:
bluethrunthru said:
Constantly messing with my kids education - appears to want to mould the system in a fashion that suits his vision of what state education should be whereas really prefers private education anyway

All this is done without - as far as I can see - any qualification or experience that makes me believe he can know what the fuck he is doing. Not the first education secretary to do this - Kenneth Baker fucked my schooling up for me - but I fail to see how we can compete in the world economy when we entrust the laying of the foundations to somebody who yet again is making it up as he goes along.....

-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 am --

BimboBob said:
I don't know a teacher who likes him.

Which is exactly why I like him.

I'd be really interested in hearing what he's doing to improve our education system.
And it would be great if you could do it without also telling us how much better the private school system is...

I don't like his curriculum ideas, but it's good to see the lazy, feckless teaching types getting a kick up the arse at last. Not done days work since about 20th Dec, and the twats are moaning about Gove and their 'jobs'.YCNMIU

Ammy said:
I'd be really interested in hearing what he's doing to improve our education system.
And it would be great if you could do it without also telling us how much better the private school system is...
Why he's rewritten all the bad shit Britain has done out of the curriculum because of course nationalistic and jingoistic interference in the education system has never had any negative consequences...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.