Michael Jackson R.I.P [merged]

Re: Michael Jackson R.I.P.(merged)

GStar said:
Wheelsy said:
GStar said:
Wheelsy said:
RIP a musical legend.

If had passed twenty years earlier would be considered bigger than the Beatles and Elvis combined. A shame that more focus is placed on his later career and antics than his earlier.

Haha, ok, i know its new news and still very raw, but talk about over dramtatic ffs.
Seriously.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_and_achievements_of_Michael_Jackson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_an ... el_Jackson</a>

Ok, MJ will leave behind a fantastic early career which rapidly went downhil and lasted longer for the wrong reasons as opposed to the right. To say "bigger than Beatles and Elvis combined" is, well, im not quite sure how to put it into words... i don't want to sound offensive or offend anyone.

Record Sales are a fraction of what a legacy leaves behind. Even then, wiki is wrong, apparently the Eagles hold the biggest selling album ever.

Are you seriously telling me they will be considered bigger than Beatles, Elvis and MJ combined?
The legacy was tainted by his latter career though... his influence extends much further than the record sales you mentioned... but this is rather not the right time or place.

We'll move on.

Re: Michael Jackson R.I.P.(merged)

GStar said:
Wheelsy said:
RIP a musical legend.

If had passed twenty years earlier would be considered bigger than the Beatles and Elvis combined. A shame that more focus is placed on his later career and antics than his earlier.

Haha, ok, i know its new news and still very raw, but talk about over dramtatic ffs.

Are you for real? I'm not particularly a fan but he is by far the biggest music star of this generation. If you have been blinkered so far you're eyes will soon be opened if it's confirmed he has died. Look at how many responses on here already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.